anybody use Autoenginuity's OBD2 connector with VagCom??

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
maybe try getting software designed for the Autoenginuity or purchase an authentic VCDS device

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
yes, i have it setup on COM1.
You may be able to use that with an older version of VCDS. I think it's probably still available on their site so you might download it and give it a shot. I think it's only $100 for the full version that way but something tells me it doesn't have the full functionality of the latest versions.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
If you have the Autoenginuity cable, you should have some sort of rights to the Autoenginuity software. It depends on how their license scheme is set up for the software.

With VCDS, except for the really old software, the software license is in the cable. Autoenginuity may do their's differently................

farnhamassoc

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta tdi, 09 TDI SPORTWAGEN 2011 Audi a3 TDI. VW caddy turbo diesel... Various vw split window busses
auto enginuity professional version

I have the professional version of auto enginuity for my ford diesel and Chevy diesel. It is much more expensive for the original purchase than VCDS. But the upgrade for VW is only $209. They do have a specific application for VW only for the professional version. It does say that it will do some changes to the coding but I am not sure how extensive. Another thread has info from another guy that says it sucks. I would like to hear the specifics on that because it is great for the Chevy and Ford. I am considering something for my VW as well. Does anyone have specific information on what is different between the VCDS and the professional auto enginuity?