2015 Jetta TDI SEL purchase questions

jswol

TDI
2003 jetta
Looking to buy a 2015 model from a car lot. I am new to the Diesel gate and was wondering what I should be looking for? asking the dealer? Gas mileage changes since the fix? Warranty changes? etc. Thank you in advance

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Looking to buy a 2015 model from a car lot. I am new to the Diesel gate and was wondering what I should be looking for? asking the dealer? Gas mileage changes since the fix? Warranty changes? etc. Thank you in advance
Is the car on CARS.COM?

If so post it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
2015 Jetta is a MK VI. You might get a better response by posting in that forum...

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
In generalities, the consensus is that the mileage didn't change much if at all. I've averaged about 46mpg over 32,000 miles, I've put about 9k on the car since the software update and I really didn't notice enough of a difference that I could say it went up or down.

If you can get a good deal, go for it. The dieselgate warranty covers the entire longblock, fuel system including HPFP and injectors, turbo, and the entire emissions system, including DPF, exhaust flap, EGR stuff, and DEF system. You just can't go wrong.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
In generalities, the consensus is that the mileage didn't change much if at all. I've averaged about 46mpg over 32,000 miles, I've put about 9k on the car since the software update and I really didn't notice enough of a difference that I could say it went up or down.

If you can get a good deal, go for it. The dieselgate warranty covers the entire longblock, fuel system including HPFP and injectors, turbo, and the entire emissions system, including DPF, exhaust flap, EGR stuff, and DEF system.
You just can't go wrong.

Looks like that covers about all boo-boos.:p

... and it is transferable to the next owner (if-when) you sell it.:D

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
I forgot to mention the terms of the warranty. A lot of us already know, but to the OP, the above is covered for 11 years/162,000 miles. :)