Tires... Pilot AS3+ or DWS 06

HPower

TDI
2015 Golf
I have decided to keep my 2015 Golf Highline, so it looks like I will be needing some new rubber in the next month or so.
225/45-17s

I run 205/60-16" Nokians in the winter months so a summer tire is all I need but figured I will go with
All Seasons in the hopes that they will last a bit longer than a dedicated summer tire.

I put about 40-45000km per year with about 4-5 months of that on the winters.

Any experience with either, or both tires?

HPower

TDI
2015 Golf
I noticed a few looks, but no input from any forum bros. :(
I did run a set of the previous version of the DWS on my old Civic but apparently the newer DWS 06 was changed from the original?
Today I decided to get the A/S3+.
I think they are both good tires, probably both overkill for my TDI especially for it's regular commuting duties.
But, getting on and off the expressway should be more fun now. :rolleyes:

luckydpt

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S Manual (Previous: 3 ALH's )
I can't speak for the as/3's... but I had Pilot SS's on my S4.
My only regret was not getting them sooner.
Great tires. I am sure you made the right choice.
I looked into the DWS 06's before pulling the trigger on the PSS's and all the reviews swayed me.

Good choice sir!

HPower

TDI
2015 Golf
Thanks lucky for the Pilot endorsement.
I opted for the "Y" vs. the "V" version.
The tire shop said they are the same compound, but the "Y"s would handle better due to their stiffer sidewalls.
The difference was only a total of $40, so I went for it.

When I was still riding sport bikes, Michelin Pilots were all I would put on my motorbikes.

I am going to try and milk another month out of my OEM tires until I have the tire shop mount the A/S3s.
I bought them today to take advantage of the $70 rebate offer, which I believe expires at the end of May.

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
What winter Nokians did you use? I have the Hakka 8's studded and I love those tires.