3rd Annual PreFest GTG in Westminster

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
It is hard to believe that it has been a year, but the Fest is quickly approaching. I hope that most people from this area will be able to make it to Philly, but I would still like to keep this GTG alive. We have had some good turn outs the previous years and I hope it continues.

Here are the specifics:
Date: Saturday, August 19th
Time: 9:00 a.m. - Whenever people decide to leave
Place: 1555 Conrose Drive, Westminster, MD 21157

I have plenty of room for parking and can fit 2 cars in the garage. We can do small types of work (brake bleeding, oil changes, sway bars, etc.) but let's not plan on anything too big.

I have a grill and will provide some beverages, but what really makes this work is if everyone brings something to share. We have had good luck in the past.

We have a pool so bring your suit. Also, feel free to bring your spouse and kids.

I will try and keep this first post updated with important information.

Able to Attend:

1) FanofAllDiesels
2) tomo366
3) MPGeez!
4) RamonR
5) jettafock
6) Cabrales
7) tongsli
8) deanh
9) Charm
10) Jump62
11) TDI4MNM
12) TheGrove
13) fivestringcooper
14) hec
15) Brussels Belgian
16) MPGeez

Jeff

Last edited:

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
FanofAllDiesels said:
It is hard to believe that it has been a year, but the Fest is quickly approaching. I hope that most people from this area will be able to make it to Philly, but I would still like to keep this GTG alive. We have had some good turn outs the previous years and I hope it continues.

Here are the specifics:
Date: Saturday, August 19th (snip)
__. Hey, Jeff. As much as I'm disappointed, I'm going to have to be in NC that weekend. I guess that this makes two in a row that I've had to miss. I'm about to need the brake fluid replaced again already.

__. Hope you guys have a great GTG! BH
'

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
tongsli said:
I may not be able to attend, but will try.
The Fest, or the GTG?:eek:

----------------------------------------------------------

I would love to attend this GTG!

...but...

Maybe next year? :(

Just too busy making sure you guys have a good time Labor Day weekend... ;)

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
tongsli said:
I may not be able to attend, but will try.
Lito,

After I went and installed a high-speed wireless internet connection for you, you may not show:confused:

Well I'm going to mark you down as coming, anyway. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Jeff

ps. Becky laughed at me when I took my laptop out to the driveway and sat in a chair testing the wireless connection.:)

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
Away on Vacation

We will be away starting tomorrow and won't be returning until August 6th. We won't have an internet connection, so I will update the thread when I return!
Have a good week.
Jeff

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Jeff's not the Fest. My parents bought a new house and I have to go help them unpack. Just bad timing, but am not 100% on the date of my parent's move.

Lito

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
If anyone is interested, I have a 5L jug of Motul 505.01 oil that I wont be using for sale. Also have a stock Jetta front and rear valence. Let me know if you are interested.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
MY wife and I might be down there. It's my wife's and I birthday. :) will let your know later today

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I would like to be there, but there are other events already scheduled that might prevent me from making it. In either case have a good time!

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
This is an incredibly hospitable offer, and too close to home to disregard. Is a ventectomy possible? I can take picutures:)

Dean

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
deanh said:
Is a ventectomy possible? I can take picutures:)
Dean
I'm sure that we can handle the ventectomy.

The pictures would be great. I have always been running around too much to take good ones.

Hopefully a few more people will be able to make it as the date gets closer.

Jeff

deanh

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2006 TDI (Gecko)
don't know much about cars...

...but I can take some pictures. Here's some from a Berryville VA GTG two summers ago:
http://punditry.org/bville/

Dean

FanofAllDiesels said:
I'm sure that we can handle the ventectomy.

The pictures would be great. I have always been running around too much to take good ones.

Hopefully a few more people will be able to make it as the date gets closer.

Jeff

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
Count me in, My car is in the Oliver Wegener shop right now. Its getting alot of work done. I think he should be done by the end of next week. It will at least be drivable by then. for the next 2 weeks. I think it should be done by then.

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
jettafock said:
If anyone is interested, I have a 5L jug of Motul 505.01 oil that I wont be using for sale. Also have a stock Jetta front and rear valence. Let me know if you are interested.
I will have 2.75 gallons of Delvac 1 for sale, and I will sell it for much cheaper than I got it. I am switching to Elf Excellium.
I also have a 4motion rear vallence to get rid of (will sell for the change in your pocket)
And being the paranoid wreck that I am I have oil filters(1 or 2) and a fuel filter that I bought in 2003, and I think an air and/or cabin filter that I will not use (I like my filters fresh) These are free.

JettaFock, when you say Vallence, are just talking about the black plastic thing that is final piece on the front and back of the car body? Or are you referring to the whole bumber? If you are talking about the black plastic thing what did you replace it with?
My FAVORITE for 4.5 years now is the Caractere Kit:

Votex:

I love that you are making your car show car quality, something this board Desperatly lacks. It is a virtue I had when I bought my car. I have the same paint as that caractre above and that picture is a litle older than my car. I used to tell people I was going to get that body kit. I got my bbs wheels instead. I ever upgrade the body I have to go all the way.... new paint.. mold the panels to the body.... Its def a labor of love.....

Last edited:

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
I'll buy the all the Delvac from you let me know the price and I'll take the oil, fuel, and cabin filters off your hands too if no one has spoken up for them. I'll also need some advice on getting the side air bag cover off so I can install a draft 42 designs boost gauge that has been setting in my basement all summer and wants a home in my Jetta. See you all soon.
Paul
aka Jump62

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
no problem, you got 1st on it,

I still got the 4motion vallence, and I almost forgot, half to almost full bottles of Stanadyne, purchased in 2002, sitting in a garage.
I know there is something else..... it will come to me.