colors for occasional off roader

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
About to pull the trigger on a "new" 2015 GSW. occasionally i will back too far under cover to get instruments out of the sun, or back in farther than i should to the campspot on the forest road. I'm wanting to get the color that will least show dirt/light scratches. My choices are: Black(already ruled out), White, Platinum Grey, Night Blue Metallic or a Red(which i could get a screaming deal on but is not a color i'd normally choose).
I'm leaning towards the grey being the least likely to show dust and light scratches. What say you all?

Last edited:

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
In my experience white does a really good job at hiding scratches. After having two black cars and then a white one I'm never owning another black car.

Black does look great when it's clean. So for 15 minutes after you've cleaned it.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Silver would be the ultimate no-wash color, but since you didn't mention it, white would probably be the most maintenance-free color as far as washing goes. Platinum grey is a pretty dark gray, so it will show some dirt. Grey and red are similar in that regard.

Night blue may as well be black. My GTI is night blue and the car is dirty before I get done washing it.

luckydpt

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S Manual (Previous: 3 ALH's )
I have had almost every color car... (and I worked on the road for many years)

My favorite dirt hiding colors:
1- Silver
2- White

Both hide dirt really well.

That's why I pulled the trigger on my '15 Golf TDI S manual is white!
Although with the pollen lately it looks kinda yellow.
:)

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Thanks guys! That rules out the Night Blue then for sure. I do like the Platinum Grey more than the white. More of a feeling i have about the car.

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Found a Silver and Silk Blue. Same dealer. Will see them tomorrow. I know the Silver is the answer to my question. But i love the look of the Silk Blue. My fav color of the lot. Any thoughts on how it rates in hiding dirt, light scratches?