Calling Wett .205 testing volunteers

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Has anyone received their .205 chips from Kelly at Wett yet?

I know when I spoke with her in early August, there were computer problems. Apparently, the big boss from Germany "played" with a computer and "misplaced" the program to burn the chips. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Kelly said she was waiting for Wett-Germany to get back from their August holiday to have the program resent to her.

Thanks for your replies. I hate to bother Kelly if we are all waiting for the chips.

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
I got the same story from Kelly. I've been waiting since July. Is anyone else going to run this program in an automatic with 0.184s or am I nuts?

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
.205 Chips??? OK so I'm fairly new and maybe I don't get it. I have what Kelly told me was one of 2 chips made by Wett with over the top boost. It actually causes over boost if I floor it and the engine cuts out at about 3500-3800 RPM's. Anyone have any suggestions to make this chip work better (i.e. let me floor it in the lower gears?) I am thinking of putting in .205 injectors.

SPStdi

TDI
White 1998 Jetta
I was talking with Kelly this morning and she asked me to drop a note on the forum, so here goes.
She told me that since she relocated her office things have gotten lost in the shuffle. She would like any of you who are waiting for the .205 chips to email her at: info@chiptuning.com with your ECU number and that way she will have the info and be able to get back to you with regards to delivery of the chips.

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Has anyone received their chip yet? I dropped Kelly a note the day of SPStdi's recommendation to do so. I'm still waiting.

riddei

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1997, Storm Grey
Perhap's Wett USA has more work than they can handle. With all the people (including myself) with phat injectors, you'd think they're interest level would be higher than this. I've gotten several short one line answers to E-mail's from Kelly over the past several months.

I would have loved to see the different chips perform at the NE dyno day.

I don't think we'll ever see the .205 injector chips from Wett.

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Mine supposedly shipped last week. I sure hope so, I've been billed for it. Hope to have it in this weekend. Stay tuned.

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
I've received both versions of the .205 program. I will post when I put the socket in and try the chips. Hopefully by next week.

FYI, I'm running .184s in an automatic. If all goes well, PP357s are the next step.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just called Kelley. Apparently, "the engineers and folks are very busy in Germany taking care of Yurrup", and haven't gotten around to sending her the program yet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

This is getting old!

Rocketchip may be in my future.

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
I wonder what she sent me then? I received two chips, supposedly 205-1 and 205-2. I really need some spare time to put these in!

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Okay. I finally soldered my socket on and tested the 205-1 chip. The increased pull up to 4000 RPM is very noticeable. This is what I was hoping for. I could see no haze in the headlights behind me when I stepped on it. I will have someone follow me during the day to check the smoke output. I have no dyno numbers for you and don't ever plan to. I also have no other chip experiences to compare this to. Perhaps 40-65 and 60-90 speed runs if the backroads of the Niagara region are snow free this week.

So to recap, an automatic TDI with "0.184" injectors and the Wetterauer 205-1 chip is a very nice package that requires no tweaking.

On a somewhat related topic, I noticed that the pins on the flash chip used for programming go somewhere else when using the Wett socket. This may mean that OBD port reprogramming will not work for socketed chips. Someone might run into this problem one day.

Tyler