check engine / glow plug flashing??!!!

tdippy19

TDI
Golf , 2001
2 weeks ago I had my 2001 Golf Gl TDi UPsoluted by Unek Motorsports in VA, near my house. I absolutely love the new power, and its even more awesome to drive. BUT this morning i started the car, after 2 mins of driving check-engine light AND flashing glow-plug light came on! I have boost gauge and turbo seems to be operating perfectly normal.. the car feels the same as it did right after it was upsoluted. What should i check for? What could be the problem(s)? And if needed, should i bring to VW dealer, and possibly throw out my Warranty?!

TDA

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
Check for error codes with the Vag-Com you bought or made sure you had ready access to before you started modifying your car. Or find a nice dealer to read the code without charging. Then report back here.

tdippy19

TDI
Golf , 2001
sorry I did not mention I DO NOT have vag-com ...I don't want to bring it to the VW dealer if they are going to check for the up chip and throw out my warranty. I will go there IF I HAVE to. Is there any way around this, or anything a non-mechanic myself could do?

dkuster

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI
Check the vag-com list and see if there's
someone local to you who'd be willing to
check codes for you.

tdippy19

TDI
Golf , 2001
sorry for posting so many messages BUT another idea i thought would be IF anyone who has vag-com or good tdi mechanic or what not, Could stop by my house. I live in Woodbridge, VA 22191. near manasass and fairfax. I would be more than happy to pay whomever could help me, disiel money, and a good 50, 100$, or whatever you may need.