Blower Motor or Resistor?

Cobl

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Tdi (Silver)
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI with climatronic HVAC system. A couple weeks ago coming home my A/C wouldn't blow air. After turning it off and on a few times and trying a few other things the blower motor still didn't work. I had my wife kick up under the dash as a last ditch effort and what do you know it worked! So for the last few weeks I've had to kick it harder and harder to get it to work and finally today it just wouldn't work at all no matter how hard I kicked it. I notice that the recirculation light on the dash does not light up when the blower motors not working but works just fine when the blower motor starts working. I wanted your opinion on wether this could be the blower motor or the resistor? I already checked fuses and put a volt meter to it and it is getting 12V. I tried searching but couldn't find anything definitive to the problem I'm having. Thanks for your help!

krn4996

TDI
05 Jetta
Check your fuses for the blower motor, odds are it went as the blower motor failed as well.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Typically high speed bypasses the resistor, so a classic symptom of a resistor failure is a functional high speed, and nothing else. If nothing works, I'd check the fuse, and barring that, the motor . . .

- Tim