www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW B5 Passat TDIs

VW B5 Passat TDIs This is a general discussion about B5 Passat(>98 (2004-2005 in North America)). Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old June 30th, 2020, 07:25   #1
tims944
Veteran Member

Default Euro 1.9 tdi passat/a4

Hey guys so im trying to figure out something as an alternative

im trying to figure out what differences if any exist between pressure plates.

Im currently using a 23lb valeo SMF from a 1.8t but its actually the same kit they sell as a dmf conversion for the tdis.

But i have a buddy who has a brand new OEM DMF for me.. but it doesnt have a pressure plate...

Now im already using the valeo setup with a different non oem clutch disk fitted.

but is there actually a difference between styles of pressure plates? or does it just have to fit and itll apply same force? i dont want nor have a self adjusting one...

basically im wondering if i can use my already Heavier duty PP on a DMF or do i need to locate a new one as well?

i will likely need to swap to a different clutch disk as im not too sure if mine will clear the front of the DMF. the springs do protrude a little bit.

i plan on possibly using this flywheel

03G 105 266 P. BRAND NEW... for the price i wont complain but the PP is my current issue and or concern

if anyone can chime in greatly appreciate it.

i need to stick to a 228/225 size as my bellhousing i made only fits that, not sure id have the space or adjustment for the spacer and a 240 flywheel.
thats a future endeavor

AS a tip

this is being bolted on to a BHW engine.

thanks!!
tims944 is offline   Reply With Quote