What vehicle will you buy with your refund?

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
block heater?

a few of the '11 a3's i'm shopping for list an engine block heater as a feature. really? i was planning on buying one, so that's a nice bonus. how do they perform in your experience?

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
a few of the '11 a3's i'm shopping for list an engine block heater as a feature. really? i was planning on buying one, so that's a nice bonus. how do they perform in your experience?
Works great but I have heard of them burning out so I would only use it with a timer. I set it for 2 hours before the wife leaves for work and she has heat right after start up

PeteZ06

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI
I'm glad we have another 2 years to decide what to get next. Today it would be difficult to choose my next car since there isn't another car like ours, and today I need something like the A3 TDI which fits my needs perfectly. In a year my driving schedule will change and I'm thinking my needs for a car will also. Some exciting cars came out recently and coming down the pipeline over the next year that will make my next choice a bit exciting.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I will probably keep my 2015 A3 Prestige TDI with the emissions fixes. There is nothing comparable to that car with the amenities and MPG. The size is perfect for my commute and daily usage.

They still give you 18 months after the fix to see if you want to keep it. I will have to re-evaluate it after the fix and see what it is like. Besides the fix is in two stages, so we will see what they end up doing.

The 2012 Passat SEL Premium TDI will definitely go back. No more non-Germany made VAGs again.