Bora 1.9 Tdi 150

Weisel_T

TDI
seat leon 110 TDI SPORT
can any one tell me what they think of these cars as im thinkg of getting one next year and not sure what there like:(

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Weisel_T said:
can any one tell me what they think of these cars as im thinkg of getting one next year and not sure what there like:(
Well...the picture is of a SEAT, not a Bora. Same engine and drivetrain. different styling and interior.
If you ship one over, I will - free of charge - test drive it for a month or two and give you an evaluation!;)

150hp and a TDI = plenty of fun.

Lee_Taylor

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 1.4 COD
Bora

I'm very pleased with my Bora PD150. It gets around 47mpg (imperial) and on longer trips 53 or more mpg even when running over 70mph. Acceleration is pretty good too. I embarrased some half wit in a BMW 328i going up a steep hill recently. The torque is very impressive. Build quality seems good and other than a rattle from the fuse box I've had no problems.

If you are driving short trips though, under say 15 miles then there isn't much to choose between the diesel and the petrol. Mine takes around six miles to get up to operating temperature and fuel consumption is much higher until it warms up. If you're only driving around town on short trips a petrol is a better option in my view especially as petrol is significantly cheaper than diesel.

One of my friends has a Skoda Fabia RS with the PD130 engine and this goes like stink so is another option to consider.