Does anyone have an injector puller?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I noticed my engine is making an air puffing sound, so I popped the hood, put my hand over each injector and the number one injector has air blowing by, which I assume is the copper seal gone bad. Don't know how it happened, as I didn't notice it when I got the car a month ago

So if anyone has an injector puller around Toronto or surrounding area, please let me know, I don't mind driving out of the city and replacing the seal on the spot, I wouldn't even need to bring the puller home with me. Makes no sense for me to buy a puller for one injector

If anyone has one please PM me, I will bring some beers for your help and time

Cheers

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I loaned one of mine out many years ago. Can't remember to who and never saw it again. Luckily, I had more than 1 :).

Shoot me a text. I'm not on often enough to get PM's

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I loaned one of mine out many years ago. Can't remember to who and never saw it again. Luckily, I had more than 1 :).
So sorry to hear of someone abusing your kindness Nigel !
You've always been one of the good guys.
Stay safe and well.
R

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
I just welded a nut from an old injection line to an adapter for my puller. Works great, unless you mis-aim and take it in the nose.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Huge shout out and thanks to Nigel, not only did he make the tool for me but he helped me out and did the injector seal on the spot (very thorough carbon cleaning). No more puffing and it sounds like a normal diesel again

Cheers!