Weird Orange Light Goes off on Jetta

Docproteus

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 05 Jetta Sedan
My wife has an 03 Jetta wagon and lately (100 mileas after it hit 50K wouldn't ya know), I have noticed that sometimes, but not always, after locking the car, I will head out and there is a round orange light on in the passenger side headlamp ont he front. I'm not positive, but fairly certain that this has always occured with the doors locked. That said, if i hit the lock ont he key fob again, it turns off. Anyone ever heard of this?

dave

ColeopteraTDI

TDI
2001 Beetle, TDI Manual
that sounds like the parking light like most euro cars have, they do that so that when you park on the street other cars can see you.... :) or that its just not turning off after the alarm flashes the lights. a short?

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
orange light

Second it. It is the euro parking light. Make sure turn signal lever is in mid position. If it is on for left turn- left parking light is on after shutting down and vice versa for right.:D

bigtom111

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 97 Passat, 03 Jetta
I worked with a guy from Germany and he told me that a lot of cars had the parking light on a little stalk on the side of the car. He said when he was a teenager they used to ride along on their bikes and snap them off. I guess redneck punks are everywhere:)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Or do you mean it blinks when you lock the car? That would be the turn signal... Does your car have a lights on chime? Like if you open the driver's door with the lights on. If that's the case, leaving the euro parking lights on will also sound that chime.

-Jason