Intermittent hesitation w/ ESP light

GotMunchies

TDI
2004 Golf TDI GL
Hey all,

I just finished doing all four struts, control arm bushings, and sway bar bushings on my '04 Golf (PD) w/ 5spd and 225k miles. The car sat idle for a long time as I waited for parts and time to finish. I had to jump the car to get it to start (old battery).

On the test drive this evening, something new started to occur. Intermittently, the car would hesitate and the ESP light would flash - very briefly, never longer than a second or two. I couldn't do anything during the brief drive to cause it to happen (e.g. accelerate, brake, freewheel, coast in gear, etc.) but when it did occur it caused a very abrupt change in speed and noticeable shudder.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

GotMunchies

TDI
2004 Golf TDI GL
No codes but I figured it out and feel like a proper idiot.

I'd re-installed the ball joint bracket crooked so the difference in toe angle between the tires was enough to send the ESP system into occasional fits. Took it apart and re-set it this morning and everything is fine.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
We've all done things like that, admitting them, well that's the tough part ,glad you found an easy solution and got it fixed.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Not an idiot, if you were an idiot, if you're were an idiot, you would not learn from your mistakes.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Not an idiot, if you were an idiot, you would not learn from your mistakes.