Replaced headlight lenses today

Briggz

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
with some glass one, I can't wait for it to get dark....:D

I was doing a search for the best replacement 9007s

2003 Jetta TDI wagon

and still have not decided but looking at the Phillips X-Treme vision, other suggestions/comments are welcome.

Anyway, I came across a fog light thread and was wondering about suggestions from you folks about a nice set of aftermarket fog lights that do not require a degree in electrical engineering to install. I saw a couple that are premounted into the small grills below the bumper that look nice. The wiring is what concerns me. I can do some simple stuff but when it gets to complicated ...

Links to threads / videos are great

Thanks all

Briggz

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
yea, I was debating if I should do that or not, didn't.

Do I have to take the bumper off again to put it on ? Will it yellow? Decrease available light?

Thanks ML

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I have a clear plastic film protector on my Hella e-codes. It's been on there for well over 10 years, & it's still crystal clear. I don't remember the brand I have though ... 10 years is a long time. You shouldn't have to take the bumper off to install. Mine just is on the front part of the light & doesn't wrap around the edge at all.

mountain lion

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
You can probably apply it without pulling the housings off the car. Watch a few videos on the process and go for it...it's easy. Mine have been on for a couple years, still clear, no reduction in light output. Glass under it looks new.

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
I just swapped to glass lenses as well and used a lamin-x like product. Works perfectly. Very nice upgrade. I decided not to go with super duper new lamps as they don't last as long as the stock oem offerings. And with the crystal clear lenses, aren't needed in my opinion. But I'm talking Golf here which I think had a tad better stock lighting output.