Are we ever gonna see a fix for the 2012-14 manual trans passat?

rams2500

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I'm wanting to upgrade my 06 jetta tdi to a more roomy passat. There is some good deals on 15s out there but I am a little concerned about the oil pump belt that runs in oil. Can't get an answer about what a lifetime belt exactly means. I really only want a manual transmission car. I like to keep cars to closer to 200,000 miles and really don't wanna have to worry about a oil pump belt. I wonder how full these storage lots are still. These cars aren't getting any younger. Thoughts and opinions.... thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I predict the last thing you'll need to worry about is the oil runner belt. Honda has been using those successfully for over a decade in commercial engines, never heard of an issue with them.

w123houston

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
I'm not sure how much roominess you require, but an mk6 jetta sedan will have similar leg and head room specs as a passat. However, the passat wins big time when it comes to shoulder room.

during the 2-3 week search for my car, i found one 2015 passat tdi 6MT on Carvana but someone picked it up within a day.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
if you're worried about the oil pump belt, why not change it out when the TB is due? few extra bucks is cheap insurance.