Lupo 3L TDI

jmclain

Veteran Member
Yep, I'd say that's close enough to 100 mpg for me!! Very impressive indeed.

Take that, H
nda!!

------------------
John
2000 Jetta GLS TDI: White, grey leather, Solargard tint, 15" alloys, sunroof, 6-disc Monsoooooooooon...
"I love this car - I look good in it!" -- Chris Kattan as Doug Mutabi in "A Night at the Roxbury"

colinstone

Veteran Member
You might have seen a recent report on the round the world trip by the 3L Lupo. It covered just over 20,000 miles in under 80 days and averaged over 100 mpg.

------------------
MY2000 UK Golf IV GT TDI 110 bhp plus Tuning Box. Canyon Red/Beige
leather. All the toys.
MY2000 VW Lupo 1.4S. Flash Red/Grey trim. Most toys - growl at idle, howl at full throttle.

colucci

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
Yeah, I sort of forgot about this
2.38 l/100km at an average speed of 85.6 km/h! What was that other car, Primus or something? I guess it has just been proven irrelevant

Way to Lupo!!! I especially love the 1000 Lupo "float" that joined it on the last leg!

Now when is VWoA going to bring them (and the Polo) over here? Grrr..

D'nardo

------------------
98 Jetta TDI: mit Wett chip
Bleed, Shine Racing springs, Bilstein HDs, Hella dual rounds
Descreened, Naylor ramair, Quiafe TBD, 0.72 5th gear

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
You wanna Polo - here it is:

It is yours for 11.000DM (i.e. only a little bit over 5000$).
Supercharged, only 60.000km, one winter, apart from stress bars all over stock condition (that means it is super rare)

I know of one running in Florida (Oliver Zieseniss), although that little baby is massaged to 1,6 litre and 180hp.
With a weight of 830kg it makes grown cars weep ...

more info like original brochure and GB-club and one of the best sites about G40s can be found here: http://www.planet-interkom.de/CFriedriszik/g40.html

If you need a Polo, you want THE POLO !

colucci

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1998 Green
Claus!!! I just posted your website on my local Volksport newsgroup! I was once again complaining about how we can't get the Lupo and Polo GTI's or TDI's here and another member said "What about the Polo G40?" So I says, "Meet my friend Claus...."

At this point I'm serious, would I still have to crash test and certify your Polo? What year is it? Maybe there's some sort of a collector's exception to the rule. Definitely worth looking into.

By the way, *****in' ride

D'nardo

------------------
98 Jetta TDI: mit Wett chip
Bleed, Shine Racing springs, Bilstein HDs, Hella dual rounds
Descreened, Naylor ramair, Quiafe TBD, 0.72 5th gear

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Perhaps,
check out http://www.bmwcca.org/roundel00/0100oth.htm
Great Site, BTW

Definitely the G40 is some collector´s item - but I think people have problems registering SportQuattros in the US, which I have to admit is a even more desireable collector´s item.

You may want to email Oliver about his import-trick: http://www.tschlagwein.de/Fotogalerie/ZiesenissOliver/index.htm
Check out his 180hp Polo.

You can import the Polo for sure as a racing car, it makes really sense for Slalom races. The G40s are all over there because of high torque at low revs in the lower classes and they can be stripped down to around 650 to 680kg.

Did you ever hear that booming sound of a G60 with open air-filter ? Oliver Z. described that with his G40 he can set off US car alarms when driving through the street. I could imagine that, as even mine makes the windows rattle (though it is not that loud). On the other hand every decent V8 should do the same then ...

Cullen

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Didn't say I don't believe it, only puzzled over the German based URL..and knowing the trouble of getting in a car to the US!

Cullen

CFriedriszik

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
The URL has to be German, because the host is German. Oliver is just a friend of the administrator. Therefore his car is in the gallery.