Any suggestion on a plug play turbo 1.9 alh

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Good setup...Glad you went with this ones...I have used them...they work great.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
Good setup...Glad you went with this ones...I have used them...they work great.
this is for my daily driver, my Golf will get a nice treatment with 2260VKLR and 2nd gen wheels billet

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I thought you said you were against 2260vklr? that you did not like them?

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Looking at the GTD1752.
https://gottuned.com/product/gtd175...m-converted-and-welded-onto-stock-1-9-2-0tdi/

They will weld it up with the BEW manifold. Something to mount up the 1.8T pancake, and *SOMETHING* to hook it to the air box...and of course take a buzzken downpipe to V-Band. Have to talk to Buzzken about doing this from the get-go...and then of course a set of noooozled PD injectors.
cheers,
Douglas

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
These turbos the way Gotunned in Poland builds them they are almost plug and play, I can tell you you will not be disappointed by the turbo and the PR from this company they know what they are doing

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Going to have to fab a lower turbo mount, but there is at least a pedestal on the exhaust scroll to attach it to...:) And get it with a 'SMART' actuator so no re-coding will need done on that account. A wee bit more boost will be in the cards, and that will probably dictate the application of a set of ARP studs.
cheers,
Douglas

FRtdilover

TDI
2001 4motion ARL 150
No one have this kind of setup for big mileage ? I'm talking about welded manifold. As I've seen few exhaust welds crack - especially cast manifold - I'm not really comfortable with it, in terms of reliability.
I went stainless steel log manifold, but you'll say it's welded too. haha

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
No one have this kind of setup for big mileage ? I'm talking about welded manifold. As I've seen few exhaust welds crack - especially cast manifold - I'm not really comfortable with it, in terms of reliability.
I went stainless steel log manifold, but you'll say it's welded too. haha
Welding steel is different from welding cast iron. Am not contemplating running w/o the lower turbo mount fab'd.

Don't want to take the car out of service for long, but I can have some fun with my Cummins while it is a-building. First is the turbo, then clutch and tune, then nooozles. The only thing stopping an immediate buy is the car is young and the BW turbo is still solid. Shortly perhaps...:) already have the VR6/G60 SMF kit...but the OE is still OK...LOL-ing at my money spending right about now...

And it will be a 1752, not a '56.
cheers,
Douglas

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm ready to install 11mm pump with Genuine bosios R520, I called dyno place that I've used in the past and they said dyno broke down, and in a couple month they will have it ready to go, I should have my Jetta dialed in and my golf too by then, I'm curious to know about the results.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Justin I'm trying to stick with LCD where we used to dyno here in the Bay Area, changing dyno means confusing your # TQ and HP, cause of different rollers machine and so on.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Still going strong

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I just got around and installed 11mm pump, genuine bosios R520, Fmic, now i got the bolts on for a dyno

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
I may get dyno results now with 2060vklr

I really would like to try this turbo, although nothing wrong with my gtd turbo spools and runs like a cheetah I like it a lot, but I probably do a frakestain expirement and see how it goes, I might dyno gtd turbo before swapping it

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I may get dyno results now with 2060vklr

I really would like to try this turbo, although nothing wrong with my gtd turbo spools and runs like a cheetah I like it a lot, but I probably do a frakestain expirement and see how it goes, I might dyno gtd turbo before swapping it
Wait a second, did you install a 2060vklr in the Golf?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope golf got 2265vklr

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH and 1994 XJ w/ PD150/ALH hybrid
It seems like you change turbos a bunch, lol. If you had to chose one for a DD in a Jetta, that might get swapped into a smaller truck or jeep, which would you go with? GTB2060VKLR?

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
It seems like you change turbos a bunch, lol. If you had to chose one for a DD in a Jetta, that might get swapped into a smaller truck or jeep, which would you go with? GTB2060VKLR?
GTD turbo is super nice, spools so quick and the jetta is happy, there is simply nothing wrong with GTD, I'm just going to try 2060vklr I may shoot myself on the foot by swapping it, never had 2060vklr, but im guessing if gtd turbo has no lag, even if 20060vklr gets a little and for the top end power i could live with it,, plus my jetta has the engine with the bolt ons why not try it, I can always put back my gtd if I get disappointed,

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
GTD turbo is super nice, spools so quick and the jetta is happy, there is simply nothing wrong with GTD, I'm just going to try 2060vklr I may shoot myself on the foot by swapping it, never had 2060vklr, but im guessing if gtd turbo has no lag, even if 20060vklr gets a little and for the top end power i could live with it,, plus my jetta has the engine with the bolt ons why not try it, I can always put back my gtd if I get disappointed,
And if not, it could be that I'd help you by relieving you of your GTD1752VKR...:)
cheers,
Douglas

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
hey Robert,

Does the TIP fit the same into this without any special reducing adapter connector ?

What diameter silicon elbow did you use to tie on the turbo pressure outlet to the Pancake pipe?

I am considering the GTD1752VKR for my Jetta to replace the 1722 which is giving up the ghost.... I think the GTD1756VKR will be more air than I really need in my Jetta.. just a daily driver... no rods in this car.. Have Eutojet SMIC.. ported head and stage 2 cam .. all air mods we can bold on .. R520s, 11 mm pump and lift pump .... Not looking to lift any more heads on this car or push it over 200 HP ... just fast spool and reliable smooth power curve

Last edited: