Touareg TDI differences

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I am in a market for a pre own TDI 14 15 or 16 and I have few questions.
Never had a Touareg before and wanted to see what too look for.
Also when was the midlife face-lift done? are the Sport Lux and Exec features similar across years ? I am verry familiar with 2016 since I research it a lot but looks like there are not within my price range so I have to go down to 15 maybe 14.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I just bgt a "new" 2016 by trading in my 2012 TDI. The big difference is in the electronics. The actual cars are almost identical. I felt like I was in my 2012 when I test drove the car which is fine since I loved it. They handle the same way. Get any of the GEN 3 models with low mileage and a certified seal from the dealer or have the car checked out well by a good VW mechanic who knows what to look for if you are buying privately. The TDI engines are superb and powerful if you will be towing.

I would look into a extended warranty as well. these cars are expensive to fix which you know if you have been reading these web sites. All said they are a great car and I love mine.

radunegru

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I am not afraid of repairs, lived through all generations of Eclass MB without visiting the dealer too often. For me is all in the garage-- vag is my friend. I was just looking for some week spots or indicators of issues ...

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I have had a few issues, AD blue heater,covered by VWOA, fuel door activator failed,covered by extended warranty, no issues with engine,transmission ,body,electronics were all trouble free. Drove the car 6yrs, towed boats, drove 1500 mi each way to FL from NE for 5 yrs. Enjoyed getting 30+ mpg on the trip, 2 tanks of fuel for those trips.

I'm obviously sold since I bgt another one,hope they will reintroduce them to NA again sometime.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
everyone says the are ridden with issues... dunno 2 years and 100k traveled and this things been rock solid..still havent done brakes..tires are 60k plus and look great...i love this thing more then any other car

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Once you have a Touareg TDI you're hooked,especially if you tow and go on long trips. I was in a panic thinking I would be giving up my 2012 without finding a replacement.