SOLD! 2002 Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou E

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
PM's replied to. If you want more pictures PM me your email or phone and I can send you the pictures, just let me know what you need pictures of.

Lou E

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
There is ZERO rust on this car, it has been garaged it's whole life and very well taken care of.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
just a heads up, i can see from your picture the timing belt tensioner is tensioned backward so the timing belt should be done immediately ... nice looking car and fair price...glws !!

MeOmYo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
just a heads up, i can see from your picture the timing belt tensioner is tensioned backward so the timing belt should be done immediately ... nice looking car and fair price...glws !!

Why can't you just rotate the tensioner to the correct direction?

Lou E

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Just looked on my Bentley manual and everything seems to match the picture, do you mean the difference between manual and automatic tensioning? Just trying to figure out what you mean. It was done at Prestige Volkswagen in Turnersville NJ.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
yeah .... nearly all the dealer timing belts i see are done wrong... the part of the tensioner where the pin spanner fits into is turned under ... should be near the top

Last edited:

Lou E

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
You would think VW mechanics would know what they are doing, amazing... I think I see what you mean, do you see these fail prematurely because of this? I guess I would have to see the part out of the car to see how it fits the other way.

Rafedial1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
yeah .... nearly all the dealer timing belts i see are done wrong... the part of the tensioner where the pin spanner fits into is turned under ... should be near the top
This info gentlemen....Is.........gold!

Posts like this are the reason my TB replacement went so well and gave me confidence in it's reliability. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.