Swap All The Things!

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
So i've done quite a bit of research over many forums (super newb) and have gathered bits and pieces of information on Mk4 to Mk2 1.9tdi related swap. My 03 Tdi is a manual transmission/swap into a '92 non-turbo diesel Jetta.

Now my first question is-- if I do a full motor, transmission, and full dash swap, and invest in an aftermarket fuel cell, why would I need any bit of CE2 wiring? What are the specific components that would still rely on the CE2 wiring?

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
You don't need a fuel cell. Your tank is just fine. You can go several different ways with wiring. Look in the conversions sticky in this thread for ideas. I am keeping my mk2 fuse box so I don't have to mess with body, dash and instrument cluster wiring. I am using the mk3 gauge cluster. I kept my mk2 dash so I don't need to worry about cutting and welding a mk4 dash which is a lot of work. Look at my build thread. I took all of the engine wiring harness and spinner everything into my ce2 box. All the modified wiring diagrams for an 03 to ce2 fuse block are in my thread.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
You don't need a fuel cell. Your tank is just fine. You can go several different ways with wiring. Look in the conversions sticky in this thread for ideas. I am keeping my mk2 fuse box so I don't have to mess with body, dash and instrument cluster wiring. I am using the mk3 gauge cluster. I kept my mk2 dash so I don't need to worry about cutting and welding a mk4 dash which is a lot of work. Look at my build thread. I took all of the engine wiring harness and spinner everything into my ce2 box. All the modified wiring diagrams for an 03 to ce2 fuse block are in my thread.
Thanks! I will deff check everything out tonight after work.
Nonetheless, I am curious to know if one can use the complete mk4 wiring given the scenario of an mk4 dash swap and fuel pump were used-- to do away with splicing and incorporating a mixed fuse box.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Seems like your other post mentioned M-TDI.
Are you going full computerized TDI?
What fuel pump are you talking about?
I don't think an ALH has an in-tank fuel pump.
'03 ALH right?

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
Seems like your other post mentioned M-TDI.
Are you going full computerized TDI?
What fuel pump are you talking about?
I don't think an ALH has an in-tank fuel pump.
'03 ALH right?
Its an '02 actually, just looked at the title. But yes, full computerized. I have not looked through the bentley manual or the car itself to locate the pumps (still in the general research process). I was thinking a tune by malone would take care of the imobilizer. So do i still need to incorporate any length of the '92 Jettas wiring?