Helppppp!!!!

Tdicyprus

TDI
GOLF IV
sorry to post this here but im starting to have nightmares with this.So,the problem is that ,5 monts ago i had the check engine light blinking,but with no problem.Good accelearation,good power and
so i went to the dealer to check it.He changed my go-petal sensor and the car was fine with no check engine lights.Two days ago,the check engine light started again.So what do you think might be the problem.It's the same situation with no problems in performance,just the light.I have a good sound system in the car that sometimes makes the lights dim.Do you think that has any relation with my problem?

DZLguy

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2k Jetta GLS TDI
Originally posted by tdicyprus:
I have a good sound system in the car that sometimes makes the lights dim.Do you think that has any relation with my problem?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would think that's a good possibility.

Kyanoti

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf GL, silver
In my experience, when a car audio system is so loud it dims the lights, you can't tell whether its good or not--just loud. But to each their own standards of "good".

Any idea why the pedal sensor was replaced? Sounds to me like they could have just cleared a code, and done a parts replacement to make some extra money. Or, if there was a problem with the sensor, can we find out anything more about it? (This may be good, because a recently replaced part should have an extra warranty.. no?)

Tdicyprus

TDI
GOLF IV
well Kyanoti i don't know why they changed the petal sensor but it managed to clear the check engine light without any resets.Today they used the computer(that huge box) and discovered that
it's the stopplight sensor?Tonight ,i found out that no stoplights are lighting
:eek:So i guess tomorrow i will just spend a few more time at the dealer
I don't have any complaints because until know everything are changed within the warranty,so i'don't really care if his changing parts with newer ones