EGR removal and vacuum line question

Fraser

TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
Hi all, A while back I did an EGR removal and I removed the EGR cooler aswell. Just left the vacuum line hanging and didn't think much of it. (Vacuum hose that comes off the cooler.) should I plug it at all, any downfalls or problems that could come about if I don't?

Thanks in advance

DT_Tuning

TDI
Fabia VRS
Hi all, A while back I did an EGR removal and I removed the EGR cooler aswell. Just left the vacuum line hanging and didn't think much of it. (Vacuum hose that comes off the cooler.) should I plug it at all, any downfalls or problems that could come about if I don't?
Thanks in advance
Well, now it's a vacuum leak, so.....yeah, probably ought to plug it.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Having an open vacuum line could cause a loss of power due to the turbo actuator not getting all the vacuum it needs, and it potentially could draw crap into the vac line and into the pump.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Plug it, but if you the EGR delete software, it won't be doing anything but dangling.