A Cautionary Tale about Shox.com

Rob_from_Elkmont

Veteran Member
I have read of folks here at the Club that have ordered parts from the above mentioned merchant, and I realize that you may have had good service. But my tale is one of caution.
On Jan. 13, 2003 I ordered, and my credit card was billed the same day, an Addco AntiSway Bar from Shox.com. I was given a delivery date of 1/21/03. Well, the delivery date came and went, with no bar in sight. I called Shox, and was told that the bar had to be made. The delivery date was pushed to mid February. Well, as you can guess, mid February came and went, still no bar. The date was then revised to mid March, and ole Rob finally grew tired of the sharade, and asked to cancel the order and for a credit card refund. Well, I was told that the book keeper had a family emergency, and that the credit would be made on 3/3/03. I called on the 6th, and was told that it would be taken care of with due haste. Called again today, and was told that the book keeper was still dealing with an Emergency, but, would be in tomorrow to take care of things. So, I am a tad bit displeased with Shox.com, and, would not recommend them.

Best Regards,
Rob

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Unfortunate.

Call your credit card company if you can't resolve it with the vendor. They will take care of you.

Rob_from_Elkmont

Veteran Member
I did not see a way to order directly from them whilst looking at their website. I got in on a group buy on the Vortex for a Neuspeed 28mm bar. It has shipped, and will be here shortly.

Rob

MITBeta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2004 Sprinter CDI Passenger (Mid/High), former: 1996 Passat TDI Variant
I second dzcad's advice: Call your credit card issuer and initiate a charge-back immediately.