Used Touareg TDI pricing?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think the T3 weighs in at 5,000lbs. That's pretty heavy in my book. What does the T1 V10 weigh in at?
5,825 if I remember correctly. That's right about what my 2003 F-350 regular cab long bed SRW 4x4 6.0 powerstroke weighed in at.

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
Well one week into the MB ML350 Bluetech everything is all smiles so far, for a car that is in excess of 5,000lb it really gets up, & have contacted a couple tuners who can deliver about 70hp and 100-110lb of torque extra, will go down that road as soon as the budget permits.

That makes any Touareg decision easy as the Benz is the #1 car at present & may end up the only car for some time - if we accumulate enough that I can get a car for kicks it's the V10 - they cost a lot less than the V6, and can pull 747s.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Congrats on the ML350. I had a 2007 Grand Cherokee with that engine in it tuned by GDE. Loved the engine, hated the Jeep....
The Ergonomics are terrible as is with The ML350 and the BMW X5. The brake pedals are situated center or even left of the center of steering column. Gas pedals are also shifted left due to center console being so large. This causes you to sit in an awkward sideways position eventually causing serious Sciatica pain for me as your right leg is always shifted left.
This picture shows a good example, look at center of steering vs center of seat and brake pedal location, they even shifted the seat to try and compensate: http://www.canadianautoreview.ca/im...l350-bluetec-interior-steering-wheel-dash.JPG

I just purchased a 2014 Touareg TDI last Friday, thankfully the Touareg's and the Audi's dont suffer from the same ergonomic issue.

Tune your ML350, you will be smiling all the way with the extra torque!
My Touareg will be tuned by spring.

Last edited:

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
OK so now that I have the ML350 I'll reserve buying a V10 until I can pay cash. If i find a V10 and it breaks, we can get by on one car until I either have the $$ to fix it or can source parts/labor/knowhow to fix it reasonably, or drink a lot of beer trying. I only personally know one guy with a V10 but he loves it more than his hot new GF and says it's as insane as she is.

I have a couple leads on MB tuners for the ML350; any others would be much appreciated. Especially in the Chicago/Milwaukee/NW Indiana region. The ML doesn't have the off-road package but with AWD will blow away is predecessor Escape Hybrid with its off-road capabilities.

Anyone know if tuning the ML is mainly messing with the ECU, or is it both messing with the ECU and fat injectors, as with my old TDIs that had both, and ran like scalded cats?

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
Cool, thanks!

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Try http://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action

They send you the tuner so you do it at home. Easy and competitively priced, excellent customer service and response from Keith! I used them on both my Wife's Liberty CRD and my Grand Cherokee CRD and was very pleased with the results.
These EDC17 ECUs cannot be OBD2 flashed, they're bench flashed. Your 07-08 jeep is a different story.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Good point! I was not aware that the ECU had to be removed on that generation. You may have to find a local tuner. Does Malone offer a tune for it?

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
We tune the entire OM642 lineup, flashzillas (exact same tool GDE uses) work up to 2009, 2009 was a crossover year for some models to EDC17. Minor differences between models but they're essentially the same. Regularly tuning these things, just haven't had the time to advertise, we're pretty busy over here. Speaking of which, have this 2013 sprinter LWB in for a buzzken exhaust. Unfortunately no 6 bolt adapters for the dynapack, but this thing moves! Owner is doing a full mobile home conversion and has a vintage 23' airstream to tow with it.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cool project!
Malone has come a long way and has great product and reviews from what I have read. The owner of UNITRONIC is a personal friend of mine so I am biased LOL!
I helped him was he was getting started back in 2003/2004 he frequently used my cars as test cars to Dyno and develop tunes for. My Touareg will be the 7th car he tunes for me.

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
6,790lbs, guess that's why they gave it such a big motor:D
That's a lot of steel! Still hoping to pick one up one of these day/years. Right now fiancée has decided she wants a bug. Would need to get rid of her Hyundai first, anyone want a 2013 Hyundai? Wishing I had my '01 bug set up by the truck mechanic which put out 159bhp/287lb/ft torque. Lost that one through divorce.

Radman - will likely get ML350 ECU remapped by Malone Tuning closest to Chicago later this spring, after taking care of some personal matters.