1994 Toyota TDI conversion

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Fred, do you have someone locally that sets up injectors?

Did you move the injectors over from the old motor?

FredS

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf GL 5spd, 00 NB 5spd, 94 Toyota-01ALH
not local, its through Kerma. Just found out the nozzle on #3 took a beating and needs to be replaced. Are you looking for something Carl?

Right now I have the oem injectors from the new Auto motor in the truck. I would like to put the PP764s in, but I may put those in my Golf, and sell the R520s. Choices....

Last edited:

kth

TDI
GOLF GLS 2003 std
Cost of TDI Conversion?

Hi! We have a 1990 Toyota Truck. Any rough estimate of the cost of buying a TDI engine and the cost of the work to convert the truck? Until solar 4x4 trucks are available, we figure this is the next best fuel economy option.

FredS

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay, thinking of possibly selling this truck. Son is interested in something else. Putting a value on a conversion is hard, so any input would be most welcome about now.

Here's the latest shots of the truck. Running and driving every day.

FredS

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, today closes this chapter in my ownership of this truck. Good luck to Mark from Wisconsin in continuing the next chapter.

I'll leave with this final issue I had to resolve before Mark took delivery. 4 days before he is set to fly out to pick it up, the ring gear on the ACME flywheel comes loose. Come to find out its only a press fit, so out came the trans, clutch, and off goes the flywheel to my friend Rob Bonney Fabrication, to weld up the ring gear on the flywheel the proper way it should have been done. Anyone else with one of these, you might want to check this and weld it up proper. Mine was 3yrs old and roughly 25-20K miles on it.

Then off to my local speed shop to rebalance the flywheel. Just a few grams taken off and we're back in business as Mark showed up today, and packed it up with the goodies I had extra and off into the sunset heading East.

Last edited:

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
nearly every manual trans ring gear is press fit... your flywheel probably had the misfortune of being slightly under fit tolerance which is why the ring gear came loose.... curious if you're sad to see the truck go ?.... i've been thinking of selling my truck but it's so useful, reliable, efficient and fun to drive i find it hard to let go of right now

Last edited:

FredS

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sad, Move on to another vehicle/project. I think I enjoy the build more than the driving it part.

D.Eightch

TDI
11 Jetta Wagen TDi
Not sad, Move on to another vehicle/project. I think I enjoy the build more than the driving it part.
If you do another Pickup swap shoot me a PM ;) I'd probably take it off your hands, lol!

Nice work with this one.

DapperDon

TDI
None
You mind saying what you got for the truck? Or around what you got and what you listed it at. Im thinking about going through with this.