Mini Rant.

jobob307

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta, 2002 jolf
Leave my Jason alone! Ive been waiting longer than anyone. And I dont blow his phone up. Bunch of whiners.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
All ya'll....FWIW Voice mail is down. Been down since the 24th. Verizon cannot figure it out. It's a software issue.

Send a text or email.

jasonTDI

TDI
Oh yea, small time then....

Love the Thruxton....been looking at them for a while. Well....after the move, a new mower and ATV....maybe. Scharer has a really hot modded cafe set up one on the floor. Been there about 2 years.

jasonTDI

TDI
Leave my Jason alone! Ive been waiting longer than anyone. And I dont blow his phone up. Bunch of whiners.
Dr Daniels to Dr Williamson. The patient has been revived! Rehab sessions to begin tomorrow!

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
Love the Thruxton....been looking at them for a while. Well....after the move, a new mower and ATV....maybe. Scharer has a really hot modded cafe set up one on the floor. Been there about 2 years.
Thanks, I love it, needs some more pep though. But I say that about everything. I hear you about getting a new toy, I had a 5 speed and a set of FCR carbs/904 big bore kit for my bike lined up until the basement project began, oh well. Im still going to buy the FCR's this spring...I thought scharer wasn't in business anymore? Or just isnt a official triumph dealer or something? I've never been there...heard it through the grapevine...

jasonTDI

TDI
Scharer is still in biz. For how long.....They owe a mechanic friend a lot of money....Not cool.

Triumph and Moto-Guzzi pulled their respective lines out of the dealer over a year ago due to...well....non-payment. Times are tough but I had some work done their in a pinch and understand WHY they are loosing service biz. SHOCKED at the bill was an understatement.

Also FWIW back to the thread. I didn't have time off, worked every day. Lots of tow in stuff but it is the only way to get home before 10 pm I guess. Close the shop. Had three cars come in today.

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
Yikes, sound business plan there. I can't see them being around for too long. And it stinks having no time off, it's always something, employees not showing up, stuff breaking and anything and everything else. You can only try and keep everyone happy for so long before you go insane.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Just sent message through your site, Jason. Sorry if it came through more than once. It didn't look like it sent right away.

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
I dropped my car off on Sunday to get some work done, and Jason was doing a timing belt on Super Bowl Sunday! Give the guy a break. He has been the most honest & fair person that has worked on any of my cars in over 25 years. It is well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive I make to use his shop.

rosskuhns

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf
Hmm, can we say - find some help? train a gung-ho kid to answer phones and do the small stuff (oil changes) or bring in another professional vw guy.

(not that Jason exactly sounds like a patient type of boss)

jasonTDI

TDI
^
This.

"Doesn't play nice with others" :D

Ask him about medical school. :)
lol!

Actually I HAVE been patient with trying to "fix" my shop helper to be a productive member of society. He tries my patience but he has come a long way to being self supporting and hopefully in the next year he will be just that. He has plans to go to FLA or out west.

jasonTDI

TDI
Oh, and those that don't own a biz have no idea on the cost of the work comp, taxes, liability etc in hiring people. It can easily be $10K plus to hire a full timer. The paper work alone makes it not worth it.

jasonTDI

TDI
I'm not joking. As rt hawk says Wisconsin is an expensive place to have employees.

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
Paperwork is fun too. Especially when you fill it out and then have the employee stop coming in/calls in with a lame excuse and quit..."it's too hard"...We pay great for this area and only being a 80 cow dairy too...oh well, come with the territory I'm told.

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
The government does stay away from the big boys though...wish I legally had no taxes. Guess my donation size isn't right. Zero of corse, both parties seem to do ok without my money. :)

Edit: It's sad I only can say "both" parties.

Last edited:

eats1963

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
I'm approaching 275K miles, so I'll need a TB job some time this year. I'll be sure to contact you through the appropriate channels to schedule the service, and confirm your location since it might be around move time for you. I would never think about trying to force a time frame on you, although you seem to always manage to fit me in when it comes time.

Ed

jasonTDI

TDI
Thanks Ed.

I'd never say that about you. You've always been courteous and polite.

Thanks.

magnusdog

Just outside the Berkeley of the Midwest (Madison,
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Reflex Silver
Jason,

So you were able to get the place off hwy 138? That'll make it very hard for me to just stop in and harass you now! I always enjoy swapping the stories of the various asshats that we both seem to come across. I can kinda say your current shop is on my way home- your new one will definitely be out of the way for me!

Oh wait, I still go to Evansville to get my haircut- you'll be along the way! It's all good!

Good luck with the new place!

Brad

magnusdog

Just outside the Berkeley of the Midwest (Madison,
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Reflex Silver
Jason,

So you were able to get the place off hwy 138? That'll make it very hard for me to just stop in and harass you now! I always enjoy swapping the stories of the various asshats that we both seem to come across. I can kinda say your current shop is on my way home- your new one will definitely be out of the way for me!

Oh wait, I still go to Evansville to get my haircut- you'll be along the way! It's all good!

Good luck with the new place!

Brad

jasonTDI

TDI
It's in the works. Very hectic dealing with work on the old house getting it ready for renters and moving out to a temp location until the closing.

Actually it's a lot further north than 138. It's dead in the middle of Schneider Dr. Between MM (Hwy 14) and Stoughton Rd (US 51) It's less than 15 min from the Beltline via either rd.

For the geeky quotient it's the same rd as the UW Madison Physical sciences lab and Synchrotron Radiation Center.

jasonTDI

TDI
I can HIGHLY recomend Gomini's storage units. Like PODS but available in a bigger 20ft size. Plenty of tie down locations inside, translucent roof so you can see as well.

They drop it, you fill at your leisure, easy 6" step in. Call, they pick it up and store until you need it delivered. And they are about half of PODS for the service.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Actually it's a lot further north than 138. It's dead in the middle of Schneider Dr. Between MM (Hwy 14) and Stoughton Rd (US 51) It's less than 15 min from the Beltline via either rd.

For the geeky quotient it's the same rd as the UW Madison Physical sciences lab and Synchrotron Radiation Center.
And not far from a Buddhist temple, so you've got the far-left eastern mysticism thing going for you, too. Try not to run over the monks with your F800 while they're out walking on Schneider.... ;)

The Dalai Lama actually came to visit back in the late 80's when I was in high school in Oregon. Pretty impressive, actually, that the spiritual leader of a billion people was in our little burg.

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
Wow, Dalai Lama eh? That is impressive. If Jason's customers start getting recruited and selling their worldly possessions (TDI's) I'm guessing it may be bad for business. Possessions are fleeting you know...

jasonTDI

TDI
And not far from a Buddhist temple, so you've got the far-left eastern mysticism thing going for you, too. Try not to run over the monks with your F800 while they're out walking on Schneider.... ;)

The Dalai Lama actually came to visit back in the late 80's when I was in high school in Oregon. Pretty impressive, actually, that the spiritual leader of a billion people was in our little burg.

I'm good with those guys. Nice people. On a side note I asked some Chinese "interns" that came over to study how we run public housing in the U.S. (wife works for the dept) what they thought of the Tibet "issue" and the Dalai. After some reflection their leader said he thought they were a bunch of whiners! :eek: :D After drinking some more Moutai (look it up, different stuff...) I asked them what they thought of Mao and "great leap forward" and the "cultural revolution". After looking to the "Uncle" as I called him (Communist Party rep) and getting the nod he said "Mao had many good ideas but bad execution." I said yeah...about 45 million bad executions.:eek:. That was followed by a head nod and another round of Moutai.

Good times!

jasonTDI

TDI
Wow, Dalai Lama eh? That is impressive. If Jason's customers start getting recruited and selling their worldly possessions (TDI's) I'm guessing it may be bad for business. Possessions are fleeting you know...
Selling them to me....good for business!:D