Change Every 5000 Miles says the dealer.

asgoodasdead

TDI
2011 Jettta Sportwagen TDI
been there done that. i was showed a dirty filter once. then asked the tech what the filter was for. (I had replaced it with a washable dry element filter.) also bi***ed them out for topping off my coolant and washer fluid. Was not in a vw then. i had just flushed the system and used an organic 10yr coolant, and he added their universal coolant to top it off. I popped the trunk and showed them the coolant i used. Stated: "do not mix with other coolants" in bold on the bottle. Had them siphon the coolant out of the overflow and fill with my bottle. i also told them i strickly use rainx washer fluid. because of my pitted windshield. I explained how i know its standard procedure to top off fluids, but the owner should be asked what fluids were used. I did end up getting a free oil change though.

yeah, i'm not nearly that difficult of a customer. them topping off my fluids and tires is half the reason i go there lol

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
yeah, i'm not nearly that difficult of a customer. them topping off my fluids and tires is half the reason i go there lol
no i get that. mixing coolants is not a good thing to do. some gel if mixed. my point was, that they should ask what type of fluids are in your car. i was a hot headed **** when young. it was expensive when i was young. When normal coolant was 15 a gal for concentrate and this stuff was 30 for 50/50.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
I've been going there for years(when I don't do it myself) cause its right by my house and they always send me coupons. they do a good job and I like that I can watch them and its fast. they're just constantly trying to sell you **** you don't need and assume you're an idiot. so I always quickly put them in their place[/QUOTE

Next question - what oil are they putting in your car? I'll bet it is NOT even diesel rated, much less the specs VW uses. And THAT - right there, is a good enough reason to avoid "Iffy Lubes".

asgoodasdead

TDI
2011 Jettta Sportwagen TDI
I've been going there for years(when I don't do it myself) cause its right by my house and they always send me coupons. they do a good job and I like that I can watch them and its fast. they're just constantly trying to sell you **** you don't need and assume you're an idiot. so I always quickly put them in their place[/QUOTE

Next question - what oil are they putting in your car? I'll bet it is NOT even diesel rated, much less the specs VW uses. And THAT - right there, is a good enough reason to avoid "Iffy Lubes".
Its valvoline euro diesel 5w30