Feeler: 2004 B5.5 Passat TDI GLS....

hysterwv

Veteran Member
First and foremost...

This car is CHAINED. BS upgrade needs to be done. Will be due for anothre TB at 240,000. Currently has 211,000 miles. 99.5% of miles are highway. Better than average condition, considering the miles.

Completed Repairs include: Bosch alternator and pulley, numerous CV boots, and one rebuilt axles (from raxles).

Short block was replaced at about 50k miles. My wife nose dived into some deep water. Bent a rod. No water went inside the vehicle. Just sucked a bit into the intake and bent a rod. Short block and turbo were replaced. Head/valves were fine. That was 150k+ miles ago and I've had no issues with it. I take it on 600+ mile trips on a weekly basis and have complete confidence in the car.

I was thinking of asking around $5,500. Too much?

Last edited:

hysterwv

Veteran Member
bump...

OK, now I THINK I'm getting serious. Just found a replacement vehicle for my B5.5.

Mileage is at 231k now. New front pads and rotors were put on about 1 month ago as well as new Michelin tires.

I'm thinking $4750? Anyone potentially interested?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
That's a good price. I would not dare drive it still chained, but a nice car even if it does need some work. I wish I had the extra cash. :(

oilhammer

TDI
Hey, at least you are honest about it, and not trying to push it off on someone else without spelling everything out. I'd snatch that car up in a heartbeat if I could. :eek:

hysterwv

Veteran Member
Parkersburg, WV (26104), but I have offices in, and travel frequently to:

lexington, ky
louisville, ky
bowling green, ky
charleston, wv
columbus, oh
cincinnati, oh
dayton, oh
indianapolis, in

.....thus the high miles!!!

oilhammer

TDI
Bump for a potentially very nice car. Man, I wish I could buy this. Anyone wanna buy a 2000 Golf for $4750? :eek:

oilhammer

TDI
I am really interested, actually for my mom... her Camry is quickly returning to its core elements, and I am just waiting the annual phone call for its exhaust rusting apart any day now... it would be nice to get rid of that eyesore.

I'll try and see if she can afford anything like this, and the cost of getting it up to speed.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
I'll try and see if she can afford anything like this, and the cost of getting it up to speed.
I hope you give Mom a discount on labor.;)

This is a thread that I wish was bumped a few times. I just got a second VW and for that price, I think I would have bought this instead.

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
Oilhammer,

How much to fix her up?

procupine14

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle 5sp
The Passats like this are super nice once that work is done. You just have to go in knowing the cost of what it takes to upgrade the car. In some ways I wish I could spring for this car but the missus doesn't want a Passat on account of the size. She really isn't into the mid sized sedan and a Jetta is almost too big for her taste (lots of parking downtown in crowded conditions). If my brother hadn't jumped the gun and bought his 1.8T Passat I would suggest this to him but at the same time he probably wouldn't be driving it enough to keep it in good mechanical condition.