Power-Folding Mirror Part Numbers

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Sedan Platinum Gray
I am hoping someone can verify a part number for me. I ordered new power folding mirrors. I thought I had done my research using the various other threads on this topic, but I may have made a mistake. I was under the impression that 1J1857508G was the 175mm version and 1J1857508AM was the stubby. However, I ordered the G version and I appear to have gotten a stubby. Before I order the AM version, could anyone verify that the AM part is 175MM?

From the main thread here on this topic, this is all I could find:

"Passenger side 1J1 857 508 (F or G or AM), one is the stubby mirror... "

Google hasn't been much help either.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Have you asked a dealership to run the part numbers?
They're pretty good at that, will probably want your VIN. I was unaware there were power folding mirrors for the MKIV's

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't tried the dealer yet, but websites like oemepc.com don't provide any width info. It's not a simple mod. Depending on what you already have, it requires motorized mirror housings, new window motors and power memory seats (if you have mirrors with the memory function.) And, you need the versions of everything that match your CCM and Can-Bus versions. I could use the stubby, but I'd rather have a 175mm version because I already have the anti-dazzle glass and puddle light parts for that sized housing.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
Two of those find zero results, and the third doesn't find either the G or AM version.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Found a B and an F, don't believe those are right. Do you know which cars came with the power folding? Sure miss my ETKA

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Have no idea if these will work on your 2004
Part numebrs

Mirrors = Power Mirrors, Heated, with memory Function, Power Folding with puddle light.

Left - 1K1 857 507 CD 9B9
Right - 1K1 857 508 CD 9B9

Door Modules for above

Left - 1K0 959 701 Q Z37
Right - 1K0 959 702 Q Z2E

Mirror Switch - 1K0 959 565 J REH

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I already have the proper driver side mirror (1J1 857 507 G) and the corresponding window motors, but thanks. I did come across a third potential part number for the passenger mirror. In addition to 1J1 857 508 G and 1J1 857 508 AM, there is also 1J1 857 508 N. All three are listed as power-folding + memory + heated. I haven't seen the N version listed in any other threads on this mod. Unfortunately, I can't find any info on the mm width of the N version either. If you Google the N part, you get a single photo result from some random web site in Poland that appears to show a 175mm mirror housing, but I don't know if that's enough data for me to trust. Googling the G and AM parts results in the common exploded views you see all the time, but they only show a single size.

I may just have to order the other two and see what I get.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
Would ETKA have the size info? At this point, that's the only thing I haven't tried because I don't have ETKA.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I ended up purchasing the AM version. It is also a stubby. Did a Bora/Jetta not come with a passenger side 175mm power-folding-memory mirror? I now have two stubbies, the G and the AM. I am out of part numbers, so if there was a 175mm version, I have no idea what the number would be at this point. The F mentioned earlier in the thread is not "memory" I believe. I'd prefer not to move on to Passat parts since I already have the appropriate Jetta/Bora window motors.

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
There's a rare parts thread on vortex. Lots of those list part numbers even. Have you looked there?

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I got sidetracked by surgery, so I am only now revisiting this. What determines the main difference between the angles of LHD and RHD sideview mirrors? Is it just the mounting plate that attaches to the car or is it the mirror frame and the hinge as well? If it is just the mounting plate, would it be possible to swap an RHD 175mm mirror onto the mounting plate of an LHD mirror? I did find an RHD 175mm power-folding/memory mirror but I understand that the angle of the mirror will be incorrect if installed on an LHD car.

benmarks

Veteran Member
TDI
I took a leap of faith and went ahead and bought the 1J1 857 508 N version without seeing it, and it is in fact the full sized 175mm housing for a power-folding/memory mirror.