Power windows inop 2002 Jetta tdi

sdave454

TDI
2002 Jetta
Bought my son a 2002 Jetta extremely clean. Windows do not work from any switch however if you use the key in drivers door you can operate them all up and down. Also sunroof not working, horn doesn’t work. Door locks work from master window switch.. checked fuses and pin checked door harness aswell as a few other things after reading any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Ok, I live in PSL and work in Lake Park (North Palm Beach/Gardens).
Kinda sounds like something with the CCM. I think MkIV like yours the key in door bypass the control module somehow. I have a 2002 as my commuter. I'll dig into this and see if anything jogs my memory.
Jason

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
Just went though this in my Smyth Ute coversion. First thing to do is check for blown fuses. I think 17 or 38 are your likely culprits.

sdave454

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks for the reply.. have checked all the fuses. Circuit breaker, pin checked the harness, checked the connector in kick panel. All good. I have a used ccm going to try that just gotta get it programmed.. fingers crossed

300D

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6
A good time to bring up VCDS. Plugging in a VCDS to the OBD2 port will give you some great info about a lot of things in the car. Not cheap to buy your own, but required if you plan on taking care of the car yourself. If you don’t want to pony up the bucks, see if you can find someone local that can get the readings for you. It will help pinpoint the source of this particular issue for example. A regular obd2 reader can be helpful, but won’t give you detailed enough info in this case.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
There is a stupid little 5A or 7.5A fuse that pops and a few things including windows stop working.

S5 is a 7.5A fuse that DOES NOT show connection to CCM, but does affect it. Also it is ignition switched power.

S14, S238, S111, and S144 all appear to be good from your description - they supply battery power to CCM and the door control modules. S230 provides battery power to sunroof.

Jason

PS: My buddy has a shop in Jupiter, Venture Auto Werks, if you give up on doing it yourself.

sdave454

TDI
2002 Jetta
Haven’t brought to the dealer yet.. my friend is the service manager at wallace Volkswagen here in Stuart. Unfortunately none of there techs seem to have a clue

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
Ha! Joe tried to recruit me to work there, but they don't want to pay very well. Current crop of techs are mostly ex-nissan and infiniti, after their long time VW foreman retired.

Other Master Tech here also talked to him - both of us got the feeling management wasn't serious about pay and benefits. Not worth a $6/hour pay cut to work in Stuart.

Jason

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
I am an electrical dumb dumb and I was able to at least narrow down the problem.

There are two connectors that fit into the CCM: brown and blue. Each has a number of pins that feed different components (windows, locks, ground, etc.) You should disconnect the connectors and test each pin, even if you are not shorting out a fuse. If you are lucky and are able to find a pin (or pins) that are not shorting or not getting voltage, note the pin number and look up the wiring diagram in the Bentley, or post the pin number here and someone can look it up for you.

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Try to disconnect the battery for a minute and reconnect and see if they work.. if they do you have a driver door motor to ccm mismatch, this happens when people change doors.