Changed injector now weird switch time deviation

Bodstdi

TDI
Golf v
Hi , long story short . Bxe engine dropped a rod . Replaced with bkc used unit . Poor idle so renewed cam and lifters but no change I guessed they would have wear on them anyway . . Renewed no 4 injector with known good ( from Bxe ) misfire and rough idle fixed . Great ! Nope not so great . Now I was able to drive the car and get it to temperature I have a tapping noise . It sounds like a lifter and increases with rpm . Seems ok when cold but once engine is up to temperature it sounds very prominent . I figured that if I had a faulty lifter then the noise would be there when cold but it's actually very quite for a pd when its first started and the tapping doesn't appear to be present .

When I listen through a stethoscope the noise is most noticeable from No4 end in particular the tandem pump . I have now replaced the pump and it's exactly the same . So that was a red herring and the new tandem pump makes the same noise through the stethoscope.

The replacement injector went in with new seals and the lash was set correctly .
However after changing the tandem pump I plugged in vcds , idle group 13 was perfect whereas before no4 read 2.99 . But group 23 now shows a completely different switch time on no4 to the other three injectors (these were the original injectors that came with second hand engine )

Group 23 showed cyl 1 -19. Cyl2 -16. Cyl3 -12. Cyl 4 -1

So I'm wondering if by just putting one injector from the later bxe engine is having an effect on the detonation and it's that noise that I can hear .

Does the group 23 readings indicate anything , oh by the way compressions were fine and all even ish . Just over 400 each .

Regards to all .