Premium design and diesels: Mazda may be the next VW

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Premium design and diesels: Mazda may be the next VW

Tee hee hee Autoblog couldn't help but throw-in the tongue-in-cheek VW reference, eh? Who knew that Jalopnik-esque editorialism has also invaded Autoblog?

If all of this sounds familiar, it's because you know these characteristics used to describe Volkswagen: a company known for upscale, affordable cars, providing great driving dynamics – and formerly, for efficient and fun-to-drive TDI diesel engines.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
If only Mazda would bring their diesels here without teasing us for the better part of a decade first.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Mazda is showing them at the Toronto auto show this week.
Means absolutely nothing, I saw the Mazda 6 diesel at the 2013 autoshow and as we know the diesel never ended up coming... so like many said, until the cars show up on dealer lots the autoshow is meaningless... I also saw a Mercedes C300 Bluetec wagon last year at the autoshow... and well that never ended up coming either

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
Means absolutely nothing, I saw the Mazda 6 diesel at the 2013 autoshow and as we know the diesel never ended up coming... so like many said, until the cars show up on dealer lots the autoshow is meaningless... I also saw a Mercedes C300 Bluetec wagon last year at the autoshow... and well that never ended up coming either
Interesting about the Benz. It'll come in 2018 then I think. For 2017, they needed to catch up with stricter CARB/EPA since dieselgate.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Interesting about the Benz. It'll come in 2018 then I think. For 2017, they needed to catch up with stricter CARB/EPA since dieselgate.
I hope so, I was shocked/excited when I saw it. They haven't offered the c class wagon since the w203 model, and now, 10 years later it looks like they want to offer the wagon again with a diesel! Guess they want to dig into the 328d wagon market, though I'm not sure how well it will sell...

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI