”The Attack”, 300 hp AC electric/TDI sportscar

new2diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Galactic Blue Pearl
”The Attack”, 300 hp AC electric/TDI sportscar

With gas prices going up and men still wanting to make up for their shortcomings.. Some High school kids were able to make a hybrid sports car.. 0-60 in under 4 sec.. 50 MPG at speed wiith a VW 1.9 TDI..

AutoBlog - Hybrid Attack

Now there's a car that would be nice to drive..

Alex_4motion

TDI
Golf TDI PD 4motion 150 HP tornado red
Re: ”The Attack”, 300 hp AC electric/TDI sportscar

The article that your link refers to says: "this super-hybrid didn’t come from the Big 3 or some obscure Euro supercar maker, “The Attack” is the work of the West Philadelphia High School Electric Vehicle Team",
but in fact this car is product of Slovakia (in Europe
) those high school kids put TDI into it, originaly it has a V6 Ford engine. The body of the car looks stock, like from the factory.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke

This car was unveiled at the 2005 Tour de Sol in Saratoga Springs, NY this past spring. More details on it can be found by using the search feature on Fred's. Use "Tour de Sol" as the search words.

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Re: ”The Attack”, 300 hp AC electric/TDI sportsca

Apparently the car started its life as an early-90s Honda accord. A kit body was used and it was retrofitted with the powerplant.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS

I was gonna say, I have seen that car. Nice that they did something different with it but I think one could plug a VW TDI into a very light car with good balance like an Ariel Atom and do some very very special things. The torque along with the super light weight and near perfect balance would just make for a rocketship with the right gearing.

One could get the same sort of performance with less complexity and get just as much economy in return. I'd wanna buy one, thats for sure.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D

Yes this is one cool TDI ... I know we've posted on it before when made the news, but its worthy of multiple posts. Capable of 0-60 in 4 seconds, having ultra cool looks and still being able to get over 50 miles per gallon on biodiesel is outstanding. The future prospects of our little diesel powerplants are outstanding. I've uploaded 3 more photos to the TDIClub Pics server under the 'Car Pictures' Other TDIs section if you are interested.

nh mike

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS wagon, 2004 Passat GLS wagon

The article that your link refers to says: "this super-hybrid didn’t come from the Big 3 or some obscure Euro supercar maker, “The Attack” is the work of the West Philadelphia High School Electric Vehicle Team",
but in fact this car is product of Slovakia (in Europe
) those high school kids put TDI into it, originaly it has a V6 Ford engine. The body of the car looks stock, like from the factory.
Putting the body together isn't nearly as difficult as what they did - putting in a hybrid drivetrain (TDI engine + electric drive).

nh mike

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS wagon, 2004 Passat GLS wagon

I was gonna say, I have seen that car. Nice that they did something different with it but I think one could plug a VW TDI into a very light car with good balance like an Ariel Atom and do some very very special things. The torque along with the super light weight and near perfect balance would just make for a rocketship with the right gearing.

One could get the same sort of performance with less complexity and get just as much economy in return. I'd wanna buy one, thats for sure.
A big reason for the stellar performance is the hybrid drivetrain they threw in. That electric engine helps out a LOT with the acceleration.