BG 244 or 245 diesel fuel additive thoughts

PhxJettaTDI10

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
New to these forums (just posted my intro on another sticky thread!) - did a few searches for "BG" "BG 244" "BG 245" etc but really got no results.
My 2010 Jetta TDI became new-to-me about 10 days ago with 139K. I'm considering using this BG245 in my next fill-up:
BG 245 Premium Diesel Fuel System Cleaner
I've used other BG brand products in my gasoline Land Cruiser with good results.
Any experiences from anybody with the BG245 product?
Thank you in advance!
Bill
Phoenix, AZ
2010 Jetta TDI

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
New to these forums (just posted my intro on another sticky thread!) - did a few searches for "BG" "BG 244" "BG 245" etc but really got no results.
My 2010 Jetta TDI became new-to-me about 10 days ago with 139K. I'm considering using this BG245 in my next fill-up:
I've used other BG brand products in my gasoline Land Cruiser with good results.
Thank you in advance!
Bill
Phoenix, AZ
2010 Jetta TDI
Professional Grade Product :cool: in fact many OEM dealers already use BG Products to start. I highly recommend it. i myself have used there products in the past when i owned a Gasoline vehicle and from my experience they do work very well. i always got a smoother stronger running engine after using there products.i wouldn't hesitate using there 245 maybe someday when i rack some high miles ;)

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Thank you in advance!
Bill
Phoenix, AZ
2010 Jetta TDI
Here is one thread that had some good insights for me when I asked a similar question:

BG Injector cleaner products

One of the posts does caution about using is sparingly (like every 50000 miles or so) has it is a "its an extreme cleaner and very hard on plastic parts".

You can always call the BG company directly and ask them what you would like. In general terms BG has very good reputation in automotive circles. BG would like to sell you their services through their shops rather than buying the product yourself and doing a DIY job.

PhxJettaTDI10

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
Ok, thank you guys for the responses. I found on the BG website some local authorized dealers, I may call one or two of them and ask their recommendations, etc.
The stuff is due to arrive today, will likely put the BG245 in the next couple of days. I'll update here after a few weeks just in case anyone's curious.
Thanks.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
johnsTDI - you run this stuff in a tank yet? I am planning to order a quart and run the proper amt in my tdi and then use the rest in my wife's 3.5d X5. My car has 134k miles and struggles to get 34mpg during the winter and 37 in the summer. Wife's car systematically gets almost 24mpg and has 95k on the clock.

Oddly enough, the idea came from a diesel performance ad on my facebook feed.

EDIT to add:
I also have had some Lubrimoly Diesel purge that I have never ran as well. Wanted to run it pure, but I've never dug into how to do that.

Last edited: