2006 Jetta TDI/DSG, Graphite Blue, 216k, GTC1749V 200HP, GLI body, Ohio - $4400obo

dubwerx

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
This has been my daily driver for the past 5 years. Had my first child and have replaced with an Alltrack. Located in Cincinnati, OH. Asking $3900obo. Best to email me at ryan@dubwerx.com if interested.
---
The car was originally purchased at White Allen VW in Dayton, OH. I bought it from the original owner, a neighbor of mine who had brought the car to Dubwerx for service. It’s Blue Graphite Metallic with Anthracite Interior and currently has 216,000 miles on it. I have a huge stack of maintenance records that come with the car along with all 3 keys. Clear Ohio title ready to transfer, no liens or brands.
---
It’s a lot of fun to drive. Not perfect but makes a good daily driver. It was 100% stock when I purchased it, I went about making a “TDI Cup” version of the car as if VW had made one in 2006. The interior is mostly clean, maybe a 7/10 just normal wear for the age, no major flaws. The exterior has it’s fair share of nicks and scrapes. Driver’s side door has a noticeable dent, hood has some hail damage, passenger side fender is starting to rust, and rear bumper has a small ripple. Driver fender has been replaced and painted, it’s very hard to tell the match is near perfect. Other than that fender, the body is original, never been in an accident and no other rust other than passenger fender. I’d give the exterior a 6/10, it’s a good daily that you won’t be sad if it gets dinged.
---
Here are the details
•Optional items include sunroof, heated seats, and amplified stereo (still sounds good)
•I bought it around 160,000 miles and at that time I replaced the timing belt and camshaft (common wear item on “PD” type TDI engines). I would recommend changing it again at 240-260k
•Other that what I note below, everything on the car works properly as it should. No warning lights or fault codes stored
•VIN# 3VWCT71K56M849301
---
Quirks and things to note
•Instrument cluster center LCD display intermittently fades, always visible. Been that way since I have owned it
•Has an intermittent clunk/jerk when taking off from first gear. I had another transmission with similar mileage at my business which I installed to see if that changed anything, it did not (good spare DSG trans can go with the car if you're into that). I then replaced the flywheel which seemed to help short term but issue still present. It’s totally driveable but I could see how it could bother some people. Flywheel still under warranty (part not labor)
•Installation of roof rack allows water to enter at top of driver’s door only in VERY heavy rains. I have a parts car if someone wanted to have an extra door seal. Roof rack available for $300
•Tires are close to wear limit, would recommend replacing before winter. Will include two additional 17” VW porto wheels with 2 snow tires, good tread still.
---
More Recent Service includes
•New A/C compressor, condensor, receiver drier, and expansion valve. Blows very cold.
•Parking brake cables, rear calipers, pads and rotors all have plenty of life
•New brake vaccum pump and newer battery (larger MK4 style)
•Newer radiator and serpentine belt
•Coolant, engine oil, brake fluid, and DSG service all recent
---
Modifications
•GLI/TDI cup body conversion: Front GLI grills(Newer TDI cup had different), side skirts, rear spoiler, and tartan seats
•All Chrome trim professionally painted black
•GLI/TDI cup front brakes, 12.3”
•Suspension includes VWR lowering springs and R32 dampers (rear newer)
•17” OEM Porto wheels from newer TDI, includes 6 wheels (2 w/snow tires). SORRY 18" WHEELS IN PICS NOT INCLUDED.
•R32 steering wheel, shift paddles work
•3” stainless Exhaust for a 2.0 GLI (was $1000 new), 2.5” Stainless downpipe w/high flow cat
•Euro GTB1749VC Turbo kit from Darkside Developments in England, 200HP/325 Torque
•Upgraded intercooler piping kit, aluminum, silicone, and T-band clamps
•Euro PD150 Fuel injectors, 3 bar map sensor
•Turbo VNT actuator replaced with euro item without sensor (common failure)
•Malone software
•Euro PD150 head bolt set, stronger and advised for stage 1 tune and higher mileage
• Original turbo, injectors, downpipe, and intercooler piping included with the sale. OEM turbo included euro VNT actuator (no sensor)
---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

Last edited: