RNS 510 works, except navigation

JeremyL64

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
Hello! I am new to the forum ad I just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium about 2 weeks ago. I have searched and searched but I cannot find an answer or anyone that has similar problems to the issue I have. The RNS 510 works great in my car (a little slow to boot up but it's almost a 6 year old car). The maps works fine (I just updated to the 2018 maps) but whenever I try to use the navigation, I'll type the address or I will enter a place I want to go and as soon as I hit OK to start the route guidance the unit will freeze and after a few seconds it will reboot itself. It is on HW-Version H27 and SW-Version 5382. The model number is 3C0035684M. The salesman said that they will replace the unit since it was a CPO and he said I shouldn't have to pay anything (which I think I will have the $50 deductible. But if anyone can give me any advice on what to do that would be great.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Hello! I am new to the forum ad I just bought a 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium about 2 weeks ago. I have searched and searched but I cannot find an answer or anyone that has similar problems to the issue I have. The RNS 510 works great in my car (a little slow to boot up but it's almost a 6 year old car). The maps works fine (I just updated to the 2018 maps) but whenever I try to use the navigation, I'll type the address or I will enter a place I want to go and as soon as I hit OK to start the route guidance the unit will freeze and after a few seconds it will reboot itself. It is on HW-Version H27 and SW-Version 5382. The model number is 3C0035684M. The salesman said that they will replace the unit since it was a CPO and he said I shouldn't have to pay anything (which I think I will have the $50 deductible. But if anyone can give me any advice on what to do that would be great.
Maybe a hard reboot > arrow, star and eject buttons, push and hold all at the same time until it reboots.

JeremyL64

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
Maybe a hard reboot > arrow, star and eject buttons, push and hold all at the same time until it reboots.
I have tried this several times. When I first noticed the problem, as soon as I would hit OK to start the route it would freeze immediately. I did a "soft" reset (arrow keys etc) and it did nothing. I then tried a "hard" reset (fully reset the system) and it got a little better. It would actually show me the route, but once again when I would try to start guidance it would freeze again. So I'm thinking it just needs replaced because I believe it's on the most current HW/firmware version correct?

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I believe that is the most recent software, there is a map update from oct2018, hardware - there would have been newer versions in a 2015.

JeremyL64

TDI
2014 Passat SEL Premium
Well I went to the dealer today and talked to them about it. The tech took it back and as I was waiting they told me about an hour in that there was an update for the system and that it is updating now. Well after another hour he came back to me and told me that the unit is defective because the same problems are still happening to him and that they will be ordering me one and replacing it next week. Thank god I bought a CPO and have that warranty so I dont have to pay for it ���� I will keep this updated when I get the new unit installed.