Is it possible to buy the same vehicle back from VW?

ben2mx

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
If I sold my car back to VW. And now I am looking to buy a CPO used VW. I was thinking about buying my old car back. I still have the old VIN. I figured, I might as well buy the car I already know it was properly maintained.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Assuming they haven't sold it yet, sure. It's just a matter of finding someone that knows where it is and if it's been fixed. They're selling some of them at auctions.

I think you can check the website and maybe it'll tell you if it's been fixed, I can't remember.

https://www.vwdieselinfo.com/

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
At this point, they have been reselling passat TDIs for over 2 years, so the odds of getting your car would not be very good. The best time to have tried was when the car was turned in and working with the dealership where the car was turned in. The only cars i know of like that were both held by the dealer where they were returned.

ben2mx

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE
Searched on that website:

olkswagen Emissions Modification Programs

Vehicle (VIN) Included in Settlement:YES Modification Approved by EPA and CARB:YES Modification Completed for this Vehicle (VIN):NO Vehicle has Extended Emissions Warranty:NO - Requires Completed Modification

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
It might still be at or around the dealer where you turned it in. I'm just guessing though, as I have no idea how their process for storing these cars worked.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Google the VIN, you may find it for sale somewhere, might not. I found our 2015 Passat we sold back, but it was sold by the time I had the idea to do it (in Ohio, we sold it back in South Carolina). Recently I Googled the VIN for a 2013 Traverse we owned before trading in on the 2015 Passat. It was for sale not far away, and I actually considered buying it before deciding instead on the Touareg.

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
My local dealer tracked a few cars for customers and bought them to sell to the same customers, but I agree with 06bluebeetletdi that your car is probably long gone.