adjust auto transmission line pressure

binky973

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Thank you for the summary. I'm working my way through the tread, I definitely want to learn more about this. I like how fearless Kerma is, he just goes "do it". Hahaha, comes with experience.:D
i did my filter and fluid yesterday and after reading this thread decided to tighten the line pressure. the car was sluggish off a start and shifts were slow. i turned it in about 15 clicks, didnt want to go too much, it's like a new car, sharp shifts, nice downshifts and very responsive off starts and accelerating. i recommend it, but not all the way in. and if you do it, the clicks are very hard to hear, go slow.

motoracer47

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL 2011 Touareg TDI LUX
digging up the old stuff here....I am getting ready to change transmission fluid and filter. I am debating on trying this, if I do, will probably not go more than 15 clicks, thinking probably 10.

Here is the real question. While I am under there, I do want to check and make sure the cap (stainless)for the TCC valve is tight (as mentioned earlier). However, I want to make sure I am checking the correct cap. Anyone have a pic of this cap? A pic showing where the cap is in reference to the star adjuster for KERMA mod would be really awesome!

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I just did a valve body on my green one last night, fluid was absolutely gross, probably never been done, filter just fell out. I turned it up 20 turns, didn't want to make it shift too hard and they are firmer than before but not teeth shattering. Very happy and no more TCC chuggle. :cool:

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
I'm still debating doing this one the white car. It's been holding up well so far *runs to look for wood to knock on*
People said not to get nozzles and a tune with an auto, but it's been nothing but a champ! I may run it up 10 clicks.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I'm still debating doing this one the white car. It's been holding up well so far *runs to look for wood to knock on*
People said not to get nozzles and a tune with an auto, but it's been nothing but a champ! I may run it up 10 clicks.
Do it. Black one is modified and I don't drive it lightly and its held up just fine. Maybe its because I don't hammer it off the line but get on it after I am moving.

Ed ke6bnl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Jetta
I did about 13 click and it shift much much better, this was because I was going to change the trans fluid and filter and while I was at it did the mod.

ratherbeflying

TDI
02 jetta
sooooo.....??

ive read this entire thread more than once. ive also read other threads on this same kerma mod.... ive gathered NOT to run it ALL the way in... some say 4 clicks... some say 6.. some say 10... some say 15.. some say 20........some say allllll the way in...................

any one want to add their two cents to this? anyone clocked any decent mileage after doing this (and how many clicks)? i changed my fluid and filter about 2 weeks ago, filter just dropped out with the pan for some reason..... new filter and fluid, she seems to be doing good... every once in a while when delivering news papers(stop and go gets her hot) she gets pissed and doesnt like to go into lock up (p0740)... i was hoping a few clicks (maybe 4) should tighten up the shifts so she doesnt get as hot? i need this trans to live at least 3 more years..... then i want to swap to manual or find another car in manual... which ever is cheaper

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
I did between 8-12 clicks on a trans that was starting to fade.
Not much difference, the trans continued its path to failure...

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ive read this entire thread more than once. ive also read other threads on this same kerma mod.... ive gathered NOT to run it ALL the way in... some say 4 clicks... some say 6.. some say 10... some say 15.. some say 20........some say allllll the way in...................

any one want to add their two cents to this? anyone clocked any decent mileage after doing this (and how many clicks)? i changed my fluid and filter about 2 weeks ago, filter just dropped out with the pan for some reason..... new filter and fluid, she seems to be doing good... every once in a while when delivering news papers(stop and go gets her hot) she gets pissed and doesnt like to go into lock up (p0740)... i was hoping a few clicks (maybe 4) should tighten up the shifts so she doesnt get as hot? i need this trans to live at least 3 more years..... then i want to swap to manual or find another car in manual... which ever is cheaper
20 turns to me, is perfect.

4 clicks does nothing.