New 2012 Golf TDI with Tech package

MichEngin08

TDI
Golf TDI
Hey everyone! Just traded in my 06 Jetta GLI for a '12 Golf TDI with the tech package. So far I'm loving all the gadgets and the LED running lights. Had 40 mpg on the way to work today. :)

curioustdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Former 2003 Golf GL 2 Dr, 5spd, ESP, CW, PP520s, DC Stg3 soon!
Very nice! Love that color... might be getting it myself. Can't make up my mind on colors. BTW, does your climate control seem to hold the temperature even though it doesn't list the degrees anymore?

OILPowered

Veteran Member
TDI
335d (still a TDI, technically)
I'm curious--what exactly is in the tech package? Xenons, bluetooth, Nav? Is this new for the 2012s (packages on the 2012 vs individual options on 2011s)?

curioustdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Former 2003 Golf GL 2 Dr, 5spd, ESP, CW, PP520s, DC Stg3 soon!
2012 Golf TDI

Includes 2.5L Golf features (below)

hill hold assist, 15” steel wheels w/ full wheel covers & 195/65 R15 all season tires, rear window wiper & washer system, front & rear disc brakes, body colored exterior mirrors, moldings, door handles, & bumpers, black front grill, daytime running lights, front fog lights, power adjustable, heatable exterior side mirrors, cooling glovebox, tilt & telescopic steering column, power windows w/ auto up/down, cruise control, adjustable, intermittent front windshield wipers,compass, trip computer, climatic manual A/C, Titanium interior trim, cloth seating surfaces, 2-way manual lumbar support, split folding rear seat w/ armrest & pass-through, RCD 310 radio w/ single CD, 8 speakers, & Aux-In, dual front airbags, front side airbags w/side curtains, alarm system w/ immobilizer, LATCH, dual polished exhaust tips.

Plus:

2.0L, 140 HP / 236 lbs-ft TDI® clean diesel engine, 17” alloy wheels w/ 225/45R17 all-season tires, sport design rear shock absorption, sport suspension w/ vehicle lowering, heated front washer nozzles, front & rear floor mats, front center armrest, leather wrapped, multifunction steering wheel (manual shift paddles for DSG®), handbrake lever, & shift knob, footwell lighting, heatable front seats, Premium VIII touch-screen radio w/ 6 CD in-dash changer, Sirius® satellite radio,Media Device Interface w/ iPod® cable & HD tagging, Bluetooth.

2.0L Golf TDI w/ Sunroof & Nav. Includes 2.0L Golf TDI® features, plus: sunroof w/ power tilt & sliding, RNS 315 radio navigation system (removes Aux-In & compass)

2.0L Golf TDI w/ Tech Package Includes 2.0L Golf w/ Sunroof & Nav. features, plus: Bi-Xenon head lamps w/ AFS, Dynaudio premium sound.

wreck111

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Porsche 991S 2014 2011 A3 TDI
Waiting for my 2012 Golf TDI Reflex Silver 4DR DSG Tech Package due 10/15. I have only seen one reflex silver but then again I have never seen another Audi S5 Cab White/Choc top.Mine!

MichEngin08

TDI
Golf TDI
The AC seems to do a good job at holding a constant temperature I think, but I do prefer it cold anyway. I live is South Carolina where the sun is your enemy...

Tech package has just about every car gadget you could want except a backup camera and LED taillights. Might have to invest in some euro LED tails, but man are they expensive.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Don't suppose there's any way you could post the CECM coding string? I used the one from a '12 GTI with LED DRL's and have a whole bunch of glitches with my dad's '11 Golf after swapping in the headlights.

Maverick1

TDI
None yet
I didn't even know that the 2012 Golf TDI's were out yet.
I was hoping on getting the base Golf TDI and adding only the Xenon's but now you have to get the whole Tech package.
I don't really care for the sun roof and nav, but VW knows that lots of customers want the Bi-Xenon lights so they put it in the most expensive package instead of a stand alone option. Greedy buggers.
Does anyone know if the Dynaudio upgrade is worth it? Is there a big difference in sound quality?
Can you please comment on how the Bi-xenon's compare to the standard lights? Big or little difference?
cheers

wreck111

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Porsche 991S 2014 2011 A3 TDI
When you look at the total cost it's not that bad. They went to a cheaper smaller Nav system with the RNS315 vs the 510. My guess you are paying less than $500 for that so no biggie. The big cost is the lights, worth it to me since I do a ton of night driving. The Dyna Audio is great when comparing it to the stock unit. Listen side by side. With me it wasn't the cost it was that I wanted the lights more than anything.

MichEngin08

TDI
Golf TDI
The Dynaudio is The best factory I've had. I don't have a whole lot to compare to but I love it. Real good bass and clarity. It was totally worth it for me.

Maverick1

TDI
None yet
What does "(removes Aux-In & compass)" mean?
Do you still have the compass on the multi function screen between the gauges?

OILPowered

Veteran Member
TDI
335d (still a TDI, technically)
The Dynaudio is The best factory I've had. I don't have a whole lot to compare to but I love it. Real good bass and clarity. It was totally worth it for me.
I would have liked the Dynaudio option. But I couldn't find a manual 4D with it. It seemed only DSG cars had it around here.

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
This is why I ended up getting the '11 golf. The price jump for getting a sunroof in the car, especially when i was going to be pulling out the entire stereo wasn't worth it.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
And the reason I'll be pulling the trigger on a base 2012 next month. All I wanted were those lights, not worth the cost of both packages, when I don't use the sunroof (just another thing to potentially break) nav (my droid does that just fine) the dynaudio (when I'd plan on redoing the system eventually). I'll add my own touches vw, thanks anyway.

evanworld

TDI
2012 Golf Tech 2D 6M; United Gray
Agree completely that VW configured the 2012 packages to squeeze every penny from a TDI enthusiast. I don't regret picking up this car and the Tech especially when you look at a similarly configured Audi A3 TDI, but c'mon.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
I picked up an 11 JSW bc I wanted rear air bags and the 12 did not have them, got the roof did not need the NAV and it would have pissed me off if I had to have it so I glad the 11 did not force me to get it.

emdeeaitch

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I was reading the Golf manual today, and the section on the side mirrors seemed to refer to an option for motorized "folding" of the side mirrors. It even said not to manually fold the mirrors (like one might do in a tight parking lot), because it might damage the motor.

Is this part of the tech package, or just some weird vaporware reference?

TDInewbee

TDI
2012 Golf TDI w/ Tech, 4dr, BGM, 6-spd manual
Hey everyone! Just traded in my 06 Jetta GLI for a '12 Golf TDI with the tech package. So far I'm loving all the gadgets and the LED running lights. Had 40 mpg on the way to work today. :)

Great Car! I did the exact same thing - Got rid of my silver '06 GLI for a '12 TDI w/ Tech in Blue Graphite.