Spokane Washington Timing Belt Tools

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Wow I rambled on here. Please try to wade though all of the babble. My main point of this post was to ask if anyone in the area had the timing belt tools for a 2003 Jetta that I would be able to borrow.

I am needing to do the timing belt on my 2003 Jetta and I would like to barrow/rent somones tools who is local. If I could find someone willing to part with their tools for a cheap price (I dont want to steal them from you, but I do not think that paying $30 less than new cheap either) then that would be great as well. I am not sure when I will have the time to do the belt, this is why I would prefere someone local so that I can borrow them when I need them and not have to worry about having the tools and the shop availability (I will be using my dads heated garage) and someone with VagCom all line up in the exact time span. What I am figuring is that who ever has the tools will more than likely have the VagCom as well and that when I borrow the tools they will be there after the job is done to do the timing. I would love to buy everything but my budget is not going to allow for that at this moment.

WhiteDog, I appreciate your offer to look my car over and for the link to Spokane Walt, but he is out of town for the nest month or so and his tools are not in town, they are else where.

I also would like to do this myself as I know that if I had the correct tools, invluding Vag, I can do this job myself. Help would be appriciated, but I do not want to have to pay someone to do the job. I would be willing to trade my services, or my help on one of your projects if you would like to help me, or look over my shoulder to point out the things I may do that would make it more difficult as any new jobber would do.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Anybody in or near town who would let me rent them for longer than two weeks? I just do not want to rent the tools and not have the job done by the time I need to have the tools returned. I am not sure that I can get everything arranged in a timely manner and have everything work out perfect, time wise.