ALH with 3 turbos !

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
back to the trans , has anyone applied cryogenics to any of these parts ? My block and trans case in my 700WHP eclipse HAD to go through cryo to withstand the power it makes... just a little hint there

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
There's a dude in texas that does stuff like that, forgot his name here.. Also the 6-speed units are a LOT stronger and with an LSD can handle violent wheelspin/wheel hop without coming apart..

Mine came apart from excessive one-wheel spin/hop in 3rd gear coming out of a corner.. I try not to do that anymore, LOL.. I didn't have the money to upgrade anything at the time so I got a good used unit and have been running it ever since, I'm just a little more careful about wheelspin...

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
I had mine done through forced performance ,which was farmed out , to whom I dont know . I just imagine its some guy with a white coat , long rubber gloves , and coke bottle thick goggles in a hidden labratory in the side of a large hill :p :D All I know is that guy knows his $**t !

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
can you block off the transfer case on the awd trans ? I havent seen one yet , but thats how we sometimes dyno the eclipse , although it has a solid diff in the transfer . you deffantly dont want to let that one stall when making sharp turn in a parking lot LOL . I guess a better question is how much are the 6 spds and what is involved in putting one in a NB ?

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
gsx700whp said:
can you block off the transfer case on the awd trans ? I havent seen one yet , but thats how we sometimes dyno the eclipse , although it has a solid diff in the transfer . you deffantly dont want to let that one stall when making sharp turn in a parking lot LOL . I guess a better question is how much are the 6 spds and what is involved in putting one in a NB ?
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=77434

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
TDIJetta99 said:
There's a dude in texas that does stuff like that, forgot his name here.. Also the 6-speed units are a LOT stronger and with an LSD can handle violent wheelspin/wheel hop without coming apart..

Mine came apart from excessive one-wheel spin/hop in 3rd gear coming out of a corner.. I try not to do that anymore, LOL.. I didn't have the money to upgrade anything at the time so I got a good used unit and have been running it ever since, I'm just a little more careful about wheelspin...
Scott DeWitt.

danielhf

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore...
TDIJetta99 said:
I think you are thinking about NathanMSL. From what I remember, I thought he sold his car. He had a cryo-trated 02M.

gsx700whp said:
Look at the link in my signature. We made an AWD TDI 02M 6 speed and it is currently running w/o anything connected to the transfer case.