block heater cord

gsdesbiens

TDI
2012 Jetta TDi
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend drove away this morning with the block heater cord still attached to my month old TDI. :mad:

Now, I can't find it anywhere on the street, but the good news is I can't find the cord itself. :banghead:

The part number for the cord is 5K0-965-539. Keffer VW has them at 115,50$ US, plus whatever they'll charge for shipping to Canada.

Does anybody have other options, suppliers, etc., that might have a better deal?

It's the cord that plugs here:

and one of the ends looks like this:

thanks!

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
All Canadian Jettas and Passats come with the coolant heater, plug and cord installed, it's standard equipment.

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
I didn't see that as an option in the US or I would have ordered it!

Doug3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI Autobahn
After you buy a new cord, you can use it to strangle her. ;)

TDIadvocate

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Coolant heater panel and cord

I am from Northern Illinois, Libertyville. The VW dealer tells me he cannot get the cord or the panel that the cord plugs into. Can anyone help me with either a USA dealer that is more accomodating or a Canadian dealer that will ship to the USA. I have a Frost Heater but want to replace the fog light panel wo a coolant heater plug with a left hand fog light panel that has the plug in it. I have the Frost Heater already. Is the cable shown in this thread from the electrical outlet to the panel of from the heater to the panel, I could not understand where the cable goes.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Cable end shown above plugs into the fog light panel, the other end is a regular 3 prong 110v plug.

TDIadvocate

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Thank you ng3

Now if I can just find where to buy the cable and the panel ?

That panel will eliminate me having to open hood and disconnect the Frost Heater for my wife, I use to have a very nice 2012 Jetta, now my wife has it.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
First post: The part number for the cord is 5K0-965-539. Keffer VW has them at 115,50$ US, plus whatever they'll charge for shipping.

Checked now and it's $123, can't find a part number on the Fog light assembly with the plug, maybe it's just a trim piece.

pinkertonfloyd

Veteran Member
TDI
14' Subie Outback FMR: 12' Jetta TDI/P+N
Can you post a pic of the end of the plug (so I can see the config). I can check my catalogs to see if it's a standard connector... the top pic you have doesn't help... need to see the pin configuration.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
VW has them at 115,50$ US, plus whatever they'll charge for shipping to Canada.
Well if it makes you feel any better, those heater cables are $168 from your local VW Canada dealer. :eek:

The engine heater cables, the cable running from the bumper to the heater and I would assume the actual heater as well, are made by Calix, a Swedish company.

If you download the Additional Connecting Cables PDF that is on the cables page, you'll note ours with the North American plug listed there; available in various lengths.

Another possible source may be DEFA. They have an office in Toronto.

They seem to carry cables with the same connector at the end; a standard cable and a heavy duty cable. You'll have to wire in a NEMA 5-15 plug on those.

matloob

TDI
Jetta 2012
Engine Block Heater Cable Jetta 2012

Can you help me to find Engine Block Heater Cable Jetta 2012. some one stole it from my driveway. I called VW dealer in Brampton , he quote me $177+ tax.
any alternate solution???

Karpiak

TDI
2014 jetta tdi
Go test drive a tdi and take it from the trunk......oh did I say that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
anyone know what the little black trim insert part number above the outlet is??? i just noticed mine is awol and id like to get one lol

CDN TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT, 1991 Turbo Diesel Jetta 5MT
anyone know what the little black trim insert part number above the outlet is??? i just noticed mine is awol and id like to get one lol
It will usually just fall inwards and will rest on the bottom of the bumper or the Sound Baffle Panel. It's probably still in there.

If you do find it, use a cable tie to fasten it to the power cable.

vwrob

TDI
future owner
I have been digging through my parts EPC for about an hour today, finally found the pdf of install instructions for the block heater and found this:

Accessories​
1)

◆​
5C6 853 665 B Left front cover for cars with fog lights

◆​
5C6 971 830 Holding clip for cars with fog lights

1)not included in the scope of delivery, please order separately if required.

the part number for the cover is not good, but 5C6853665B 9B9 is a good number, I might order one just to see what it looks like