Door chime issue

2012jettatdi

TDI
Jetta
So, just a little background first. I recently had a whole host of issues with my car. Both the check engine light and dpf lights were on due to a faulty intake manifold. I brought it in to the vw dealership and thankfully, it was all covered under the extended warranty. In addition, they also replaced the ignition lock switch, which was also warrantied.

Now the fun part. As soon as i got home and turned the car off, i noticed the door chime stayed on even after pulling the keys out. In addition, i am no longer able to lock/unlock the car with the remote.

I just took the car back yesterday and they wanted me to authorize an hour’s worth of diagnostics($140), which i thought was ridiculous. When i originally brought the car in, the additional chime was not there and the clicker worked fine. The service advisor also told me that the chime is normal. I am almost certain it is not. I swear, that as soon as you turned the car off and pulled the key out (provided the lights were not on), there was no chime when you opened the door.

So i guess basically what i am asking is: who is right here when it comes to the door chime? Does it go off regardless of whether the key is in the ignition and door is open? Any thoughts are much appreciated

Last edited: