thanks many thanks tdi troubles

k0wtz

TDI
Members not long ago I posted a problem with my 09 Volks tdi and it has been fixed.

The problem as I was told was it was in Limp mode no power. I took it too my regular mechanic he said he had worked on foreign cars with turbos. First thing he checked was fuses found one that was bad.

My vac control was also bad finally found a used one off ebay 28 bux. I took that to him fixed it almost but still had a vac leak. Replaced all the vac lines.

Car much better but light still on I got to thinking I had not replaced fuel filter for 100k. Got one installed now with aid of can light off and motor running much better for 200k!

ONLY one problem left after car sets it takes a lot of cranking to get it started so ANYONE have this experience and can help me out?

I appreciate this group and the help you can get here!

thanks

bob

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Fuel check valve at the tank is probably bad causing fuel to back syphon into the tank. You could also have a small air leak in the fuel lines somewhere. I'd start with the tank check valve. It's under the backseat I think

k0wtz

TDI
more thanks to mongler

mongler live at kingdom city but went out this am cold and car started right up. I also noted the check valve I will look into that.

thanks to you both

bob