Post Fix Gen1 Code P2002

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
Here is the biggie according to that statement VW will replace your EGR and DPF. So now you are quibbling about the K&N filter and MAF. Do you know what that is worth? Way more than your 288 buck MAF sensor. Have a nice life. Buy a different car.........say Honda and put a K&N air filter so you can save a couple of bucks.:eek:

Mate, its not about what THIS is WORTH its about making it RIGHT and COMPLY with the LAW (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act )

For being a Senior member here you are becoming very flaming, defending VW about all those issues.

I make it SHORT FOR YOU!

After I told the dealer I will file suit with the FTC and contact the Attorney about the Diesel modification warranty, they pulled their hat today.

NO CHARGE to me, FREE MAF (they like to call it Air Meter) , FREE 2nd DPF, FREE EGR AND FREE AIR FILTER.

I will get FREE Air Filters for the Rest of the Warranty period (Diesel Recall) as the TSB states not to use any other than OEM VW Air Filters covered per FTC (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ).

NOW I will have a NICE $288 Dinner which you would have spent on VW!
CHEERS MATE!

Anyone else on this forum please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.
K&N WILL ASSIST YOU! VW unfortunately will NOT!!! (I'm NOT affiliated with K&N)

Note to Moderator: NO FLAMING PLEASE AND LOCK THIS THREAD for other Members. Thank you

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Mate, its not about what THIS is WORTH its about making it RIGHT and COMPLY with the LAW (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act )

For being a Senior member here you are becoming very flaming, defending VW about all those issues.

I make it SHORT FOR YOU!

After I told the dealer I will file suit with the FTC and contact the Attorney about the Diesel modification warranty, they pulled their hat today.

NO CHARGE to me, FREE MAF (they like to call it Air Meter) , FREE 2nd DPF, FREE EGR AND FREE AIR FILTER.

I will get FREE Air Filters for the Rest of the Warranty period (Diesel Recall) as the TSB states not to use any other than OEM VW Air Filters covered per FTC (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ).

NOW I will have a NICE $288 Dinner which you would have spent on VW!
CHEERS MATE!

Anyone else on this forum please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.
K&N WILL ASSIST YOU! VW unfortunately will NOT!!! (I'm NOT affiliated with K&N)

Note to Moderator: NO FLAMING PLEASE AND LOCK THIS THREAD for other Members. Thank you

So are you gonna shoot yourself in the foot again and put that K&N oily filter back in so your MAF can fail again and you can throw your attorney credentials around another time?

Last edited:

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
So are you gonna shoot yourself in the foot again and put that K&N oily filter back in so your MAF can fail again and you can throw your attorney credentials around another time?

I NEVER SHOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT FYI. As stated Volkswagen of America (represented by Dealerships) will HAVE TO PROVIDE FREE AIRFILTERS AS LONG AS THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

So long... mate and unfortunate other member that had negative input trying to discourage me.

KNOW YOIUR RIGHTS!!!! https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...panies-it-illegal-condition-warranty-coverage

AGAIN I encourage EVERYONE not just on this forum, sure Google will pick it up please take up your Dealer AND VW and Challenge them.

FYI so much for your Dinner... once you are in those shoes I hope you revisit this converstation and well you wont have to foregoe your dinner for a VW bill that is UNLAWFUL!

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pre...panies-it-illegal-condition-warranty-coverage

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
I never lost my dinner or forego anything besides the time I wasted with you because I never even contemplated using a substandard air filter in order to have to know my rights. :D:D:D
You dont know your Rights otherwise you would have not posted such nonsense you did mate!
No further comment needed. Moderator CLOSE THIS THREAD AND PIN IT PLEASE for information of other MEMBERS.
Thank you.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
You dont know your Rights otherwise you would have not posted such nonsense you did mate!
No further comment needed. Moderator CLOSE THIS THREAD AND PIN IT PLEASE for information of other MEMBERS.
Thank you.
Typical attorney.....take the case and win well that's the goal I guess you did. Move on to more important things in your life and win again. Like I said before K&N air filters suck and they always will regardless of knowing your rights. What if your car was out of warranty? And you were not well informed about the poor performance of K&N, that is more important to me than your or my rights in your matter. That poor performance is well documented here. Are you going to threaten to sue the forums for false information? I also like how you want this thread closed so nobody else can ever make any comments

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
Typical attorney...... Are you going to threaten to sue the forums for false information? I also like how you want this thread closed so nobody else can ever make any comments

I will if I have to...its called discovery.

....That poor performance is well documented here....
Yes on the forum.... got scientific proof for that claim? I'm interested to read this

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Don't mess with texasss!!!

nacskins

TDI
2012 Jetta
Thank you for this post! Recently I purchased a 2012 Jetta TDI from a Ford dealership. I purchased the car on Feb 1. After i had the car over the weekend my wife noticed the airbag light on the driver side (I assumed it should have been there) long story short the Ford dealer had the car a week taking it to a VW dealer to get fixed. So i have had the car to drive a total of three weeks. I placed a K&N filter in (now i know better from research). Wednesday eve the CEL came on P2002 code. I cleared and tried to run high to force a regen. Code dame back and also a P0401. Took to dealership next day and gave them the codes. Service manager called me today at lung telling me the DPF is disintegrated. They are going to run air flow test with the K&N and with an OEM and are going to see if the K&N caused the disintegrated DPF. I informed him thats not possible and the filter has only been in for approx 200 miles. I have since called VW and opened a case and they immediately said they would escalate due to TDI and have a case manager contact dealership.

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
I like to revisit this topic after almost 1 year with all the "repair" and free VW OEM Air filter... well as of today almost 10k miles later,
same codes again :

Particulate Trap Bank 1
P2002 -- 007 - Efficiency Below Threshold - Intermittent - MIL ON
and

EGR System

P0401 -- 001 - Insufficient Flow

Wonder how VW will resolve it this time around.

Do they just keep replacing the DPF's?
Ridiculous!

kregars

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000
5th trip to dealer post 'fix'

So this weekend I noticed a drop in MPG, and suspected the DPF was going to be an issue again....this AM on the way to work, sure enough.....CEL. Pulled codes and...yet again P2002......I have had the DPF replaced 4 times already after the 'fix'. Last time they also replaced several sensors (after I picked the car up and drove it 40 miles then CEL).....wonder what they will find this time....

Dieselkraut

TDI
SOLD
So this weekend I noticed a drop in MPG, and suspected the DPF was going to be an issue again....this AM on the way to work, sure enough.....CEL. Pulled codes and...yet again P2002......I have had the DPF replaced 4 times already after the 'fix'. Last time they also replaced several sensors (after I picked the car up and drove it 40 miles then CEL).....wonder what they will find this time....

Any update on yours?
I ended up VW replacing DPF and EGR again for the second time (under warranty).
Wonder once that warranty is over how we can hold VW still liable since they claimed long term testing with the EPA to get the modifications approved.
Yet those modifications seem to be failing...

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Noticed exhaust pipes covered in soot a few weeks ago, P2002 was logged last night.

Into dealer on Monday for DPF and EGR filter. Approximately 30,000 miles since fix.

bluecrab

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
So I did use a K&N for some time before the whole scandal. I did have a DPF failure code at 107000 miles. The MAF can easily be cleaned, which I did do when I got the DPF codes. Due to the DPF codes appearing within days of the quite recall reprogramming to remove the emissions test bypass, I asked and did get the DPF covered and replaced with the deiselgate recall (with dealer documentation of the dates and mileage of all my problems).

I then had the new DPF fail 3500 miles after it was replaced under the recall. This was with only an OE air filter. I am not sure the criticism of K&N is really relavent. If the MAF gets exposed to filter oil and does not read correctly it should throw its own codes. I do not see how a K&N can damage a DPF especially on a diesel oil burner.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It may or may not. But it does give the dealer a reason to reject warranty. At that point it becomes a fight and now makes it difficult if not impossible for various reasons, legal, financial etc to get things done. It is hard enough with everything stock and dealer serviced, it seems from some posts. If you like to make things difficult then throw on all the aftermarket stuff you want and be prepared for rejection more than likely.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Given that it provides no substantive advantages and can be a cause for the denial of the warranty, I don't see the point of using one. The standard filter is quite effective, inexpensive, and has a long life.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
K&N filter. Had one on a motorcycle before, the cone type on a Harley.
Used spray 9 to clean it, rinsed well with water and used hair drier to fast dry it and used ATF to recharge it.
All their recharge kit is like the same as I used.
Their recharge kit like 20 dollars or more for spray nine in pump bottle and ATF in a airasol can.
Say your money, use good quality paper filter.