Power increase 1.9 tdi 1z

va1era-95

TDI
1.9 tdi (1z)
Hello, I'm from Belarus, sorry for bad English. I own a VW Passat b5 with a 1.9 tdi engine "1z" 66kw. I want to know the options for increasing the power. I heard that you can install a turbine from the motor "AVF" 96kw and "AWX" 96kw. Thanks for any answers.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Your English is great, no worries.
There are LOTS of ways to add some power. The first and foremost is injection. Get a set of poptested and tuned nozzles from kerma, its easy as pie and defiantly the best building block for more power on everything else you can do and its not going to brake the bank.
You can always up the turbo with a direct bolt on turbo, there are lots of options.
My suggestion is to get a set of 357's pop tested and tuned stage 1.5 from kerma and a stage 1.5 tune from Malone. Plenty of fun power and wont need any clutch mods.
You can build it any way you want but your clutch is going to be the first and Formost limiting factor. it does not take much to get it to slip stock.
Turbo should be upgraded after higher powers. you can get some decent mid grade upgrades if your on a budget.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
I would do things in this order. Injectors, Clutch, turbo, tuning, intercooler, exhaust. I would start with something like some DLC520 or DLC1019 nozzles. I would recommend DBW LLC based on personal experience, but that is in the US so if you can find someone closer to do the nozzles for you it might be better. If you dont want a turbo skip that step.

Last edited: