Recommended TDI Mechanic in Ft Worth

John6412

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Hi guys,
I am brand new to the forum. Just wanted to share my story with ya. I bought a 2006 VW Jetta TDI last thursday, It has 168,000 miles (OUCH!) and it needs a new transmission. I got it for $6000 out the door.

I was told about Steve Glover, TDI mechanic in Fort Worth, his shop is Technical Diesel Innovations. He has been incredible! I called him before I bought the Jetta, I told him about the car and the transmission trouble. He went and looked at the car before I bought it, he hooked up his lap top and ran some tests, and he said the car was in great shape, we both figured it would be ragged out. If he wouldn't of driven out to look at the car, I wouldn't of purchased it. Very nice of him to do that.

The next day, I went and purchased the car and Steve arranged to have it towed to his shop. The jobs that he is going to do are:
Replace Transmission
Replace Timing belt, tensionor and water pump.
Oil change
Possible break job

Steve found me an incredible deal today on a used transmisson with only 33,000 miles on it! How much you think??? $700!!!! Incredible! I really lucked out finding Steve Glover, He has been extremely helpful, to say the least. He said he will try to have it ready for me next weekend. I will update you on the outcome.

Below is Steves contact info:
Steve Glover
Technical Diesel Innovations
817-915-4063

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I think he's saying that Steve is the man to go to in Ft Worth...
And if he is saying that, I agree!
Cheers!
-BB

aNUT

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
John6412 said:
Hi guys,
I am brand new to the forum. Just wanted to share my story with ya. I bought a 2006 VW Jetta TDI last thursday, It has 168,000 miles (OUCH!) and it needs a new transmission. I got it for $6000 out the door.

I was told about Steve Glover, TDI mechanic in Fort Worth, his shop is Technical Diesel Innovations. He has been incredible! I called him before I bought the Jetta, I told him about the car and the transmission trouble. He went and looked at the car before I bought it, he hooked up his lap top and ran some tests, and he said the car was in great shape, we both figured it would be ragged out. If he wouldn't of driven out to look at the car, I wouldn't of purchased it. Very nice of him to do that.

The next day, I went and purchased the car and Steve arranged to have it towed to his shop. The jobs that he is going to do are:
Replace Transmission
Replace Timing belt, tensionor and water pump.
Oil change
Possible break job

Steve found me an incredible deal today on a used transmisson with only 33,000 miles on it! How much you think??? $700!!!! Incredible! I really lucked out finding Steve Glover, He has been extremely helpful, to say the least. He said he will try to have it ready for me next weekend. I will update you on the outcome.

Below is Steves contact info:
Steve Glover
Technical Diesel Innovations
817-915-4063
Good to hear. Steve's a good guy. Don't forget to ask about the tuning he can provide too!