Bosch compact: Pressure in diesel engines

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Bosch compact: Pressure in diesel engines

”Over the next decade, the vast majority of diesel engines will manage with injection pressures of around 2,000 bar. Although 3,000 bar is not unrealistic, it will be limited to racing cars and high-performance diesel engines.”

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
All well and good but I wonder if they'll be trying that using a CP4.1 pump ...

Seems like a number of later model engines have backtracked from the piezo injectors and backed off the pressure a little to avoid grenading that thing - or even chose a last-generation pump design (Cruze).

Mechnurse

Veteran Member
TDI
97/2K/05/15 Passat 06 Jetta TDI
I wonder what engines they plan on using this in? Great if this works as designed but with sub standard lubrication all bets are off!

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
I suspect that GM knows something we don't.

The CP1H may be the key to avoiding the present crisis.

jgeorge

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 audi a3 tdi
Went to the Audi Canada official unveiling of the 2015 A3 sedan last night. New HPFP being used which is to be more efficient, and adds a little more horsepower and torque. Good news. Could not get which model pump as my answer came from one of the corporate reps who was on hand. Also at this time urea will not be used but that may change. It depends on how the testing goes for Canadian emissions. The TDI will arrive late August 2014 with the gasser versions being released April-May 2014. Very attractive car. Audi expects to sell a lot up here.