Golf mk6 coolant lost

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
Look's like my 2 mounth ago bought 2.0 tdi golf 6 doest like me , first swirl flaps than i notice that i am loosing some coolant, it was on min when i bought a car but didn't think there was any problem so i topped it to max 2dl , again after some times 2 dl again and today light come on about 3 dl again so about 0.5 l in 2 mounts and around 4000 km no visible leaks but can't get under the car at the moment , no oil in coolant or colant on oil cap.
Is there a spot where mk6 loves to leak that is harder to see? maybe water pump 180000km , wan't done yet.
I hope it's not something with head,

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Unfortunately, this is no good.... Possible causes:
1) Cylinder head. Check your radiator hoses - are they rock hard? Also, have the coolant tested for CO.
2) Cylinder block. Internal crack between coolant passage and oil drain passage.
3) EGR cooler.
4) Water pump.
5) Heater core.

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
Unfortunately, this is no good.... Possible causes:
1) Cylinder head. Check your radiator hoses - are they rock hard? Also, have the coolant tested for CO.
2) Cylinder block. Internal crack between coolant passage and oil drain passage.
3) EGR cooler.
4) Water pump.
5) Heater core.
First sorry for 2 threads :)
I was checking any outside leaks yesterday and on egr cooler on vacuum actuator was hanging this piece https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5691497151&photo_id=502069249870. how the hell could that brake i saw the shaft in there and thought that inside is still ok but looks like i was wrong.
No leaks found but overnight i notice car lost some coolant but nothing under the car so i removed pipe from egr cooler that connects to intake manifold and found this https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5691497151&photo_id=502069258157 where pipe is connected to intake where motor luckly blocked it from entering intake somehow is there another pice i should looke for or just this?
Also pipe is suprisingly clean just a very thin layer of weet-ish soot wierd taste not quite like coolant but it could be

Last edited:

Lavek6

TDI
Golf IV Golf VI
Well it was egr cooler leaking, that pice broke and damaged it , for now i deleted it and blocked the egr with plates, i didn't have aluminium pipe at hand so will coper pipe be ok with g12 cololant?